CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just installed lion on my macbook pro via the app store. I have paid for it there but do I need to resign in via app store and re-download for the hackintosh or is there a way to transfer the download from that laptop? I have read that if you use the same apple ID then you can install lion on as many computers as you wish

If you go to Applications, you'll see the installation file for Lion there. Burn a dual DVD or store it in an USB drive and try this in your hackintosh. I will update my macbook pro first and then, with the same copy (yes, Apple allows you to install the copy of Lion you bought into as many computers as you want), I will install in my custo mac. But I will wait at least one week until all the bugs emerge and the mac gurus know how to deal with them.

Really? I installer Lion on my MacBook Pro today, from the app store, and now there is no trace of it anywhere, and the app store won't let me download again, giving me just the word INSTALLED.

Anybody know how I can find it?

I think there's a way around this, but it was known that the downloaded Lion installer would be automatically deleted after the installation. You have to make a copy before installing. If you have another computer with Mac OS, you can access your account and try to download again.

Yeah I too downloaded Lion from the App store via my Macbook Air copied the installation file to a USB drive before I allowed the installation to continue on my Air.... the Lion installer deletes the install file after the install is done how silly.

BTW the installer was in the Applications folder before the install of the Lion I thinks so you can use that to install it to your hackintosh...... Its a pain to re-download that file if you are on a slow connection again so make a backup..... I will also wait a while before upgrading my Hackintosh to Lion already found some annoyance software bugs in Lion so will wait a while.

Hold down Alt (or whatever the key is that does what my Alt does) when clicking the Lion app in the App Store and it should show Install rather than Installed and let you re-download it.

I've created the bootable Lion DVD (after buying legally). I'm upgrading my Apple hardware with it now.

So it's safe to use that to upgrade my 10.6.8 customac too?

gilimanjaro said:
I've created the bootable Lion DVD (after buying legally). I'm upgrading my Apple hardware with it now.

What did you do to the dmg to make it "Bootable"?

Is it really bootable? I mean can it install independently, without Snow Leopard present?

LucasAdamson said:
gilimanjaro said:

Is it really bootable? I mean can it install independently, without Snow Leopard present?

I think so. I won't be doing clean installs with it though. I just wanted to use it to avoid downloading the whole thing 4 times. I just tried and failed though, but probably because of a different issue. I got a message telling me to go to http://www.apple.com/support/no-recovery ; I think I need to defrag or get rid of my Windows partition or something.

As for clean install; I'd say give it a shot...

LucasAdamson said:
gilimanjaro said:

There are a lot of places where you find how to make a bootable media with Lion. Here's a good tutorial if you want to try

http://arstechnica.com/apple/guides/201 ... l-lion.ars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back