CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
gtx 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Creating a guide for whoever got the same model as well as for my reference (in case if i forgot what i did) ;)

Installation Procedure

Installed Lion using the Tony's guide:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html

Make sure that you are using MacBook Pro 8,1 otherwise it might hang on DSMOS has arrived. According to my knowledge this error happens due to graphics issue.

Before Release I used DP through this guide
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=256729

Installed on separate partition instead upgrading on snow leopard.

Devices

• Intel HD3000 - AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (if your device id is not 0x0116 replace it in info.plist)
    Nvidia GT520M - No solution yet
    Audio (ALC269) - VoodooHDA.kext (2.7.2) from Multibeast or from attached zip file
    Wireless (Athereos 9285) - AtherosFix.kext (if your device id is not 0x002b) replace 2b with yours in info.plist)
    Shutdown, Reboot - Out of the Box
    Webcam - No solution yet (Problem is that webcam is detected but showing only loading circle)
    Battery - VoodooBattery.kext
    Ethernet - Realtek 81xx from Multibeast
    Sleep - No solution yet
    TouchPad - No solution yet

If anyone have a solution for what is not working or a better solution for what is working, please share.

Remember: Help someone and someone will help you

Attachments

• asus-k53-kexts.zip
    422.7 KB · Views: 751
So just to be sure. I have a toshiba portege r835-p56x with an i5 2410m and intel hd 3000 graphics with the same device id. can you give me a summary of the steps you took to start and finish the process successfully...because ive tried like 10 different combos of installations and kexts but all to no avail..and ive installed sl over and over like 100 times...im desperate and frustrated with this computer man...please take a little bit of time out just to briefly explain the steps u took. Ive asked archintosh to help and he has helped me out alot by getting me the patched dsdt for my laptop as well as tell me different combos of installations and flags...all with the same result...the black screen...when i boot into verbose mode it sometimes says DSMOS has arrived and other times it says other stuff...so im puzzled... :banghead: please and thanks for the help.

Great list!

Did you have a working touchpad before 10.7? In 10.6 I had a flawlessly working touchpad, because they (Mine is an Elan touchpad) arent recognized as touchpads but rather PS/2 mice.

EDIT: I have attached my kexts (two) for the touchpad that work in both 10.6 and 10.7! I can confirm that the Wifi kext works great, and the battery kext works to a degree (gives the ability to detect battery vs plugged in but reads 0% charge for battery), and ethernet works out of the box for me so I have not tried the kext from Multibeast. The graphics kext does not work for me - though keeping in mind that my computer is a N35SV-XV1 and not K53SJ. Cheers!

Attachments

• ElanTouchpad.zip
    134.3 KB · Views: 689
I tried these kext they work as Mice not trackpad. About the graphics have you tried changing your device id in info.plist, you might have different processor than mine.

Have you find any solution for Bluetooth? I have disabled it from bios since it's giving me too much warnings and not working at all.

And sleep or webcam?

ahero4heor said:
Great list!

Did you have a working touchpad before 10.7? In 10.6 I had a flawlessly working touchpad, because they (Mine is an Elan touchpad) arent recognized as touchpads but rather PS/2 mice.

EDIT: I have attached my kexts (two) for the touchpad that work in both 10.6 and 10.7! I can confirm that the Wifi kext works great, and the battery kext works to a degree (gives the ability to detect battery vs plugged in but reads 0% charge for battery), and ethernet works out of the box for me so I have not tried the kext from Multibeast. The graphics kext does not work for me - though keeping in mind that my computer is a N35SV-XV1 and not K53SJ. Cheers!

I tried several kexts, all modifying the device IDs but no cigar. I can just wait for a universal solution though.

Bluetooth has never worked for me, so I have no idea. When I look in system profiler my Bluetooth shows up in the USB section - so I'm going to try to add the Device ID for that into IOBluetoothFamily.kext

No webcam for sure. When the display goes to sleep, the mouse disappears and I just hit a button to get it back. But there's no real sleep either

hi everyone,
I use Asus K53SJ core i3
I try install os 10.6.3, but not working. When customize and installing finish, it restart and boot into SL, it show white screen and nothing ...
Someone can help install ma os 10.6.3 or 10.7 lion
Thanks

Hello,
I have installed Mac 1.6.6 on my Asus K53SJ.
I have used iboot legacy and boot the install cd with the command = PCIRootUID=1 -x
After the Installation of Mac OSX I installed the Update 10.6.6 with the BridgeHelper.

Now I want to install the Kexts from MultiBeast, but nothing work!

Can someone tell me whitch Kexts from MultiBeast I must install and how I can use the Kexts from marcvaz (asus-k53-kexts.zip) ?

Thanks
R111

@ R111:

Could you guide me the way you have installed?
I boot by cd iboot, after I insert SL 10.6.3 and command -v -x PCIRoot=1 (I try some command as -v -x PCIRootUID=1 ...), When I press enter key, my Laptop is restarted. The installing screen is not appear, only one black screen.

My laptop : ASUS K53sj sx103 core i3 2310M, NVIDIA GT 520M

Thanks

Use iboot legacy and busratio param compatible with sandy i3.

@cutioi373 I had the same problem and still do. I cannot boot with the -x or -f bootflags. Try booting without using those and see what happens. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back