Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Greetings to All:

Many thanks for this amazing website. This is my first post, and I thought running a Mac on a PC is an impossibility till I came across to your site.

I am currently running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I am trying to upgrade to Lion. I've tried 10.7.3 (latest).

After installing Leopard (on all versions listed above), computer gets to the welcome screen, with the textured grey-light-blue background, and nothing! No dialogue boxes, no mouse, just nothing!

I have tried clean install and upgrading 10.6.8 to 10.7.3, and the end result is the same: blank welcome screen!

I am just wondering if anyone encountered this problem.

Thank you.

statsman007 said:
Greetings to All:

Many thanks for this amazing website. This is my first post, and I thought running a Mac on a PC is an impossibility till I came across to your site.

I am currently running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I am trying to upgrade to Lion. I've tried 10.7.3 (latest).

After installing Leopard (on all versions listed above), computer gets to the welcome screen, with the textured grey-light-blue background, and nothing! No dialogue boxes, no mouse, just nothing!

I have tried clean install and upgrading 10.6.8 to 10.7.3, and the end result is the same: blank welcome screen!

I am just wondering if anyone encountered this problem.

Thank you.

Hi!

Can you provide some Hardware Details?

Have tried installing 10.7.3 using the Unibeast + Multibeast method?

monstermachine said:
Hi!

Thanks for responding..

I tried the xMove method ....

First: install Snow Leopard -> install Lion from "install" partition over Lion -> same result stuck on NO welcome screen!

Second: from "install" partition -> clean install on an erased / clean partition -> same result stuck on NO welcome screen!

But I did this through xMove install partition exclusively.

Hardware: ASUS P7P55D , i7 860 CPU, 4 GB RAM DDR 3 Mushkin 1333 Mhz (4 X 1 GB), SSD 60 GB, LG DVD Burner, ATI Radeon HD 4800 1 GB , USB Mouse, PS2 Keyboard.

statsman007 said:
monstermachine said:
Hi!

Thanks for responding..

I tried the xMove method ....

First: install Snow Leopard -> install Lion from "install" partition over Lion -> same result stuck on NO welcome screen!

Second: from "install" partition -> clean install on an erased / clean partition -> same result stuck on NO welcome screen!

But I did this through xMove install partition exclusively.

Hardware: ASUS P7P55D , i7 860 CPU, 4 GB RAM DDR 3 Mushkin 1333 Mhz (4 X 1 GB), SSD 60 GB, LG DVD Burner, ATI Radeon HD 4800 1 GB , USB Mouse, PS2 Keyboard.

at at the Chimera boot screen try to start up in safe mode by typing -X or GraphicsEnabler=No and also try this Separately PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1

if all fails start up in -V verbose mode and take a picture of where it fails to load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back