Contribute
Register

Lion 10.7.2 RAID-0 with TonyMacX86 tools & Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil,

Sorry for the resurrection of this thread, but i'm having the worst luck with getting this going with Mavericks and a raid 0 config. I've updated my .com plists to the raid identifier number, along with org.chameleon.Boot.plist to match the raid identifier. the only thing that won't work as your guid shows is the part where i have to fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0 and fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1. My raid drives are set up identical to yours number wise and all i get in terminal response is "fdisk: could not open MBR file boot0: No such file or directory" About to give up and have a 256gb Samsung Pro paperweight. :( Any ideaS??

Hi All,
Im using raid 0 with 2 SSD’s and I cannot get the raid to boot. It will however boot if the USB install stick is in a USB port.

What I am using. Gigabyte z68x-ud3-b4 motherboard with 2 crucial 480GB SSD’s. I decided to do a fresh install on the 2 drives acting as a raid O stripped set with Yosemite. The only thing I did differently was to set the raid up from the USB install and install straight away to the raid setup without going to one drive and then cloning to the raid setup. It does boot as mentioned but only with the USB stick installed in one of the USB ports.

I tried all the suggestions stated from this group..fdisk etc. And no go. I tried editing the plust files with the right UUID and still no go.

Can anybody suggest anything else that I might try to get this to work? Or should I start over doing the clone way?
Thanks!
Jeff Risdon

Hi All,
Im using raid 0 with 2 SSD’s and I cannot get the raid to boot. It will however boot if the USB install stick is in a USB port.

What I am using. Gigabyte z68x-ud3-b4 motherboard with 2 crucial 480GB SSD’s. I decided to do a fresh install on the 2 drives acting as a raid O stripped set with Yosemite. The only thing I did differently was to set the raid up from the USB install and install straight away to the raid setup without going to one drive and then cloning to the raid setup. It does boot as mentioned but only with the USB stick installed in one of the USB ports.

I tried all the suggestions stated from this group..fdisk etc. And no go. I tried editing the plust files with the right UUID and still no go.

Can anybody suggest anything else that I might try to get this to work? Or should I start over doing the clone way?
Thanks!
Jeff Risdon
You have to install the boot files manually to each disk in the RAID set to be able to boot without the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back