CPU
i7
Graphics
Radeon 7800 HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed the newested Chimera and my graphic card stoped working correctly. I could boot only with the default buffers. I asked around about the problem, and people suggested me to try installing Chimera with MB Lion Edition. I did that and my system stopped booting. I still have a partition with a working SL system and I'm planning of installing everything again, but before I do that, I want to know if there's another solution.

Here's a picture with the boot process. I know it's something about the PCI slot, but I can't figure out what to do. Please, can anyone can suggest me another solution before I try a clean install again

My Build is

i7 (950), Gigabyte GA-X58A - UD3, 12 GB, ATI HD 6870 1GB XFX

thanks in advance

Attachments

• BootError.jpg
    BootError.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
I see 2 issues:

1) You have the NVIDIA FakeSMC plugin installed when you have an AMD card
2) AppleRTC is malformed/corrupted and not loading.

Well, at least I've found the main problem of not booting. I was fixing the errors on my Lion partition from my SL partition, but I was using the Lion version of MB. :crazy: I used the MB for the SL, made the updates, and at least now I can boot on my Lion partition. But the problem of not loading the graphic buffers for my card still persists. I will keep trying. Maybe I missed some of the options (Duckweed was the one working before I installed this new version of Chimera). I will try all of them again and see if this works. Thanks for your answer MacMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back