Contribute
Register

Lion 10.7.1 and ProTools

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing Pro Tools 9.0.5 on my 10.7.2 i also get KP after reboot.

I read the solutions above and I'm glad that it works for you. Still I don't know how to delete these kexts o_O how do you delete them without being able to boot into the OS?

Horst33 said:
After installing Pro Tools 9.0.5 on my 10.7.2 i also get KP after reboot.

I read the solutions above and I'm glad that it works for you. Still I don't know how to delete these kexts o_O how do you delete them without being able to boot into the OS?

Depends on how you installed LION. I have a SLeopard drive so I boot into that at the Chameleon screen and then just trash problem kexts (after I first copy them, just in case!). To install kexts I use Kext Wizard. Can you boot into safe mode? or using iBoot?

Also, do you know what's causing the KP? (use -v at Chameleon). .and I apologise if you'd done this already.

Eco

ecoarena said:
Also, do you know what's causing the KP? (use -v at Chameleon). .and I apologise if you'd done this already.

Eco

Yeah i did that but forgot to write it down :banghead:

Anyways - the problem got already fixed - i deleted the recommended kext (see some posts above) BEFORE the Pro Tools Setup told me to restart my computer. Then I restarted and everything went well :)

Thank you all! :) Now my system runs smooth with Pro Tools, Logic and some Plugins I installed and use.

imwaltraud said:
Try removing DigiDal.kext from /System/Library/Extensions. You might need to run the fix permission task in Multibeast afterwards. This fixed it for me.
To fix an issue with 'Audio Midi Setup' I also had to remove DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin from /Library/Audio/Midi Drivers.

You, sir, must be some kind of super genius. THANK YOU!

I'm not evening running Pro Tools anymore, I was just trying to get my DIGI002 to work with Lion for Logic, and ran into this annoying KP.

Yes i fired up my machine in Win 7 and i had the OSX lion disc connected, Pro Tools gives you the option to install HFS+ disc support so you can read and write to/from OSX discs.
I then went to the library, removed the Digidal.kext from the folder and started my OSX computer and it worked!

Thanks a bunch for this solution, it might have given me gray hair otherwise =)

rockstarjoe said:
imwaltraud said:
Try removing DigiDal.kext from /System/Library/Extensions. You might need to run the fix permission task in Multibeast afterwards. This fixed it for me.
To fix an issue with 'Audio Midi Setup' I also had to remove DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin from /Library/Audio/Midi Drivers.

You, sir, must be some kind of super genius. THANK YOU!

I'm not evening running Pro Tools anymore, I was just trying to get my DIGI002 to work with Lion for Logic, and ran into this annoying KP.

critza said:
Yes i fired up my machine in Win 7 and i had the OSX lion disc connected, Pro Tools gives you the option to install HFS+ disc support so you can read and write to/from OSX discs.
I then went to the library, removed the Digidal.kext from the folder and started my OSX computer and it worked!

Thanks a bunch for this solution, it might have given me gray hair otherwise =)

Thank you two so much!!! I have Windows 7 installed on a seperate hd and used MacDrive 8 (free trial) to delete the files mentioned above in the Lion drive and now I'm able to boot into the Lion!! System restore averted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back