Anyone else with this issue?

System Info inside Lightroom:

Graphics Processor Info:
Check OpenGL support: Failed
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Version: 4.1 NVIDIA-10.4.2 310.41.35f01
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 OpenGL Engine
LanguageVersion: 4.10​

I use Lightroom on a daily basis and just noticed this. I thought the app was still unoptimised but now I want to fix this since I'm using a 4k monitor (seems to have more effect for bigger screens)
This was before and after the 10.10.5 update. I'm pretty sure it worked with 10.10.3.
I am not using the Nvidia drivers (10.10.4 did) but with the new 10.10.5 update I should be running an updated (supported) driver anyway.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Lightroom CC OpenGL issue.png
    Lightroom CC OpenGL issue.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 240
but with the new 10.10.5 update I should be running an updated (supported) driver anyway.

The default driver within OS X hasn't been updated in a long time. Which is why it doesn't work with newer Maxwell based cards. The default driver is 310.41.35f01 and the most recent version released yesterday from Nvidia is 346.02.03f01.

Someone else posted this error a few days ago and I am not sure if it was resolved or not. On my machine I don't have any issues with it and a GTX 970 using the latest Nvidia web drivers and OS X 10.10.5.

The default driver within OS X hasn't been updated in a long time. Which is why it doesn't work with newer Maxwell based cards. The default driver is 310.41.35f01 and the most recent version released yesterday from Nvidia is 346.02.03f01.

Someone else posted this error a few days ago and I am not sure if it was resolved or not. On my machine I don't have any issues with it and a GTX 970 using the latest Nvidia web drivers and OS X 10.10.5.

k will give them another try then, thanks for the heads-up mate.

I figured since the 10.10.5 update page (http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/170198-os-x-10-10-5-update.html) shows this:

Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers​

the drivers were updated to the latest but these are probably the latest mac drivers right?

I'll be back.......... (with an update)

Hmm no luck

Graphics Processor Info:
Version: 4.1 NVIDIA-10.5.2 346.02.03f01
LanguageVersion: 4.10

One thing to note, since 10.10.4 (not sure about 10.10.3) I have the monitor going to power saving mode after boot and have to edit the AppleGraphicsControl kext and set both config1 and config2 to None in the configmap. Not sure if both had to be set to None though but Photoshop and other apps and games are using the GPU just fine, only LR is playing tricks on me.

I am using macpro6,1 in smbios, would this affect the system check in LR?

Update: I just remembered that I tried Clover earlier today and had the same issue in LR. I used a config file from a similar mobo and it showed up as an iMac12,1 so I guess it doesn't matter.

Hmm no luck

Graphics Processor Info:
Version: 4.1 NVIDIA-10.5.2 346.02.03f01
LanguageVersion: 4.10

One thing to note, since 10.10.4 (not sure about 10.10.3) I have the monitor going to power saving mode after boot and have to edit the AppleGraphicsControl kext and set both config1 and config2 to None in the configmap. Not sure if both had to be set to None though but Photoshop and other apps and games are using the GPU just fine, only LR is playing tricks on me.

I am using macpro6,1 in smbios, would this affect the system check in LR?

Update: I just remembered that I tried Clover earlier today and had the same issue in LR. I used a config file from a similar mobo and it showed up as an iMac12,1 so I guess it doesn't matter.

In any case there is no reason for you to be using the MacPro6,1 profile. The only reason to use that profile is if you are running an X99 board. Clover auto picks a profile based on your hardware which is why it said iMac12,1 since that is an i5 Sandy Bridge machine just like you are running. If you use the iMac profile you won't have to worry about editing AppleGraphicsControl any more.

In any case there is no reason for you to be using the MacPro6,1 profile. The only reason to use that profile is if you are running an X99 board. Clover auto picks a profile based on your hardware which is why it said iMac12,1 since that is an i5 Sandy Bridge machine just like you are running. If you use the iMac profile you won't have to worry about editing AppleGraphicsControl any more.

12,1 it is then. Trying 13,2 now and still same issue in LR.
I will set it to 12,1 and use the vanilla AGC kext.

Nope, no good, same issue using 12,1 and latest Nvidia driver. Thanks though for trying mate, much appreciated!

I got same issue with the same configuration as you (OS X 10.10.5, nvidia GTX 760).
I guess there is a pb with Lightroom, because a test with cinebench seems to work well with OpenGL.

I also use Apple native drivers (I have used nvidia last drivers but no improvement).
Moreover, the last nvidia drivers (346.02.03f01) have a pb with the use of an other photo software (DXO optics pro)...

Perhaps with a new future release of LR ?

Has anyone succeed to make the Geforce 760 work with Lightroom? I'm on latest OSX version, latest update on Lightroom, native Nvidia drivers, but still same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back