Motherboard
LG Electronics 14Z990-V.AR52A2
CPU
i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hi team, I have been struggling to get my first hackintosh running on LG GRAM 14Z990. Can someone help me I cannot find cfg lock n vtd option in bios. I have a Phoenix bios 3.1

I have a bootable pendrive for Mojave when I boot in clover bootloader and select the installation I only reach till apple signs loading and freezes when the loading is completed.!

This is my bios snap

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_234501.jpg
    IMG_20200802_234501.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,239
Hi team, I have been struggling to get my first hackintosh running on LG GRAM 14Z990. Can someone help me I cannot find cfg lock n vtd option in bios. I have a Phoenix bios 3.1

I have a bootable pendrive for Mojave when I boot in clover bootloader and select the installation I only reach till apple signs loading and freezes when the loading is completed.!

Your computer's BIOS may simply not have those options available. This is typical of the OEM computers whose BIOSes are quite restricted. From the picture you show, there seems to be no way to disable Secure Boot, for example.

Can you show us what is under "Advanced"?

Your computer's BIOS may simply not have those options available. This is typical of the OEM computers whose BIOSes are quite restricted. From the picture you show, there seems to be no way to disable Secure Boot, for example.

Can you show us what is under "Advanced"?

Hey, Secure boot option is the only option available out of the list of modifications recommended. I have disabled Secure boot. I am able to boot into clover and select the Mojave for installation, the apple logo comes with loading and it takes around 10mins for it to complete but it freezes after loading so I do not get the installation options.

Could this be bcoz Vt-d or cfg lock?

boot argument dart=0 should disable vt-d. You can also experiment with kernel patches in clover configurator. There are several to try on that page.

You should use clover configurator and modify the config.plist in the Clover folder of your installer USB and enable the boot flag -v, which means verbose so you can see what is going on. Then you can post an image of where it stops and people can give you better suggestions.

I've beat my head against a wall with recommend hardware and often you go from won't boot to perfect with a single change so don't be discouraged. It's called a hackintosh for a reason.

You can use Ctrl+Alt+F7 to show the Advanced menu in BIOS.

Even with advanced menu I still dont see anywhere related to vt-d or cfg lock.
Is there any guide for LG gram bios setup that I can follow ?

1. BIOS-Main-Boot Features: CMS Support [No], Fast Boot [Disabled]
  2. BIOS-Advanced-Intel Advanced Menu-Power&Performance-CPU Power Management Control: CFG Lock [Disabled]
  3. BIOS-Advanced-System Agent(SA) Configuration: VT-d [Disabled], Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment [Enabled]
  4. BIOS-Advanced-System Agent(SA) Configuration-Graphics Configuration: DVMT Pre-Allocated [64M]

2. BIOS-Advanced-Intel Advanced Menu-Power&Performance-CPU Power Management Control: CFG Lock [Disabled]
  3. BIOS-Advanced-System Agent(SA) Configuration: VT-d [Disabled], Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment [Enabled]
  4. BIOS-Advanced-System Agent(SA) Configuration-Graphics Configuration: DVMT Pre-Allocated [64M]

Thank you!, You saved my day, suzuke.

Awesome, thanks a lot @suzuke crt + alt + f7 did the JOB.. I am excited now.. I reached macOS installation Page, but got an error saying the copy of macOS is Damaged!!! I am downloading another copy now.. Is this a known issue by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back