Contribute
Register

LG UltraFine 5K Display - Asus Maximus ix with Thunderbolt - Will it work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z270 - Maximus IX Formula
CPU
Intel i7700k
Graphics
Dual Asus Strix 1080ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone!

The monitor i'm planning to get with my first build is the LG UltraFine 5K Display directly from Apple.

I know people have had issues working with the Thunderbolt only input on their hackintoshes in the past - however:

Considering the Asus z270 Maximus ix has a thunderbolt output - would that mean the monitor would be compatible ?

The last thing i want to do is buy and only to return it because it ain't compatible.

Thanks again for your guidance folks! I really wouldnt be able to create my first build without all the knowledge on Tonymacx86

Cheers!
Hiten

5K monitors can be a pain to get working and that LG monitor has really limited I/O. I would recommend going with a nice 4K monitor that will offer better ease of use and compatibility across other systems.

5K monitors can be a pain to get working and that LG monitor has really limited I/O. I would recommend going with a nice 4K monitor that will offer better ease of use and compatibility across other systems.
Thanks Chedda7,

What 4k monitor would you suggest - If 5k is such a pain - id rather avoid it altogether, more so because im a newbie at hackintoshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back