i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
LG GRAM 17Z990

Motherboard: 17z990-V.AA75B - Opencore 0.6.8
CPU: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Graphics: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (2560x1600)

I have got Mohave running for some time now, using OpenCore 0.5.6 Efi I downloaded somewhere from the Internet.
I upgraded to OpenCore 0.6.8 so I could install Big Sur.
I created 0.6.8 config.plist from scratch and used OpenCore 0.5.6 config.plist configuration as a reference, trying to mimic it. I mimic also all kext three (using upgraded versions) and copied DDTD and SSDT from 0.5.6. At some time I think I recreated the ACPI files with new ones.
After lots of trying I managed to boot up with the new OC, (with some problems) upgraded from Mojave to Catalina, then I updated it few times when requested and then I upgraded again to Big Sur.
Everything worked well, except that all problems I had with initial 0.6.8 remained.

So far...
a) The system takes 5 minutes to boot with a black screen taking most of the time.
b) If I remove -v from start up params, I think it hangs.
c) There was an error waking up saying that it could not redeclare "\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.HPET._CRS" (AE_ALREADY_EXISTS) when trying to load an ssdt. I ended up patching ddst changing the name of the function to XCRS. Message is gone but I saw no improvement.
d) Touchpad does not work.
e) Sound dos not work (yet it works with bluetooth).
f) I have problems with downloading things from apple store, yet I think It has to do with some clean up of old cached files?

What seems to work:
a) WIFI from the internal intel chipset.
b) GPU
c) Bluetooth
d) Battery management (as long as I can say)
e) Keyboard backlight.
f) USB's.

I am stocked. I don't see any other thing to look up at.

I send you my EFI in case anybody want to try or continue from were I left.

Any help or tip will be highly appreciated.
The system is usable with an external mouse. If I only could fix the touchpad...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    40.4 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
LG GRAM 17Z990
I have got Mohave running for some time now, using OpenCore 0.5.6 Efi I downloaded somewhere from the Internet.
I upgraded to OpenCore 0.6.8 so I could install Big Sur.
I created 0.6.8 config.plist from scratch and used OpenCore 0.5.6 config.plist configuration as a reference, trying to mimic it. I mimic also all kext three (using upgraded versions) and copied DDTD and SSDT from 0.5.6. At some time I think I recreated the ACPI files with new ones.
After lots of trying I managed to boot up with the new OC, (with some problems) upgraded from Mojave to Catalina, then I updated it few times when requested and then I upgraded again to Big Sur.
Everything worked well, except that all problems I had with initial 0.6.8 remained.

So far...
a) The system takes 5 minutes to boot with a black screen taking most of the time.
b) If I remove -v from start up params, I think it hangs.
c) There was an error waking up saying that it could not redeclare "\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.HPET._CRS" (AE_ALREADY_EXISTS) when trying to load an ssdt. I ended up patching ddst changing the name of the function to XCRS. Message is gone but I saw no improvement.
d) Touchpad does not work.
e) Sound dos not work (yet it works with bluetooth).
f) I have problems with downloading things from apple store, yet I think It has to do with some clean up of old cached files?

What seems to work:
a) WIFI from the internal intel chipset.
b) GPU
c) Bluetooth
d) Battery management (as long as I can say)
e) Keyboard backlight.
f) USB's.

I am stocked. I don't see any other thing to look up at.

I send you my EFI in case anybody want to try or continue from were I left.

Any help or tip will be highly appreciated.
The system is usable with an external mouse. If I only could fix the touchpad...
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Some news: after lots of reading, audio id was wrong. I changed from 11 to 13 and audio works! I also updated opencore to 0.6.9 without problems. I'll try to upload EFI when I have more things solved.

Boot up variable change: alcid=11 to alcid=13.

Another solution to my list of problems:
Apple Store was not working because... ethernet/wifi device name was not named en0 but en1 while en0 was given to Bluetooth ethernet.

I know. It makes no sense and it is quite insulting to have so absurd problems.

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
and rebooting

solved the problem as the interfaces were recreated. (mv instead of rm for more security),

It is not an advice. Do at your own risk. I am not responsible!!!

A little bit more of data, let's see if someone is watching and can give me any clue about what to look for.
I am trying to make the touchpad work.
There are a bunch of Voodoo kernel extensions that must be loaded in order for the touchpad to work (may be wrong, as it is not working for me).
So far I have
VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooI2CServices.kext
VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooGPIO.kext
VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

I use VoodooPS2Controller from https://github.com/BAndysc/VoodooPS2/ as it is suposed to work with elantech touchpads.

If I use this order in OC config.plist I manage to load...

sudo kextstat|grep 'oodoo'

No variant specified, falling back to release
52 0 0 0xb000 0xb000 com.alexandred.VoodooI2CServices (1) DBFA5EBE-2783-30ED-8E39-5829C42D6832 <5 3>
64 1 0 0x19000 0x19000 as.acidanthera.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (2.1.6) B2B40368-4D21-3702-97A9-9E1F01112B3C <13 8 6 5 3 1>
99 0 0 0xd000 0xd000 as.acidanthera.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (2.1.6) CE5D8919-D86C-376A-A038-78431E09D5F4 <64 54 8 6 5 3 1>

yet if I use sudo kextutil I manage to load VoodooGPIO and VoodooInput.

Last edited:
A little bit more of data, let's see if someone is watching and can give me any clue about what to look for.
I am trying to make the touchpad work.
There are a bunch of Voodoo kernel extensions that must be loaded in order for the touchpad to work (may be wrong, as it is not working for me).
So far I have
VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooI2CServices.kext
VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooGPIO.kext
VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

I use VoodooPS2Controller from https://github.com/BAndysc/VoodooPS2/ as it is suposed to work with elantech touchpads.

If I use this order in OC config.plist I manage to load...
and yet your hardware profile is still lacking... oh well....

and yet your hardware profile is still lacking... oh well....
I added it the very first day when I received the link. I updated the first post. I don't know if you need anything more (I guess so) and I don't know were to take it from.

LG GRAM 17Z990

I added it the very first day when I received the link. I updated the first post. I don't know if you need anything more (I guess so) and I don't know were to take it from.

LG GRAM 17Z990

or you could read post 2....

Ok,
Reading post 2 and trying to do my best I patched my DSDT.aml following the instructions as well as I knew.
I surely made some mistake as right now dmesg says...
ACPI Error: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed Method parse/execution failed

for a big bunch of diferent devices or methods or whatever.

I tried to pin to 0x27 and 0x28 as I am not sure what path to follow in the pin selector.

My reasoning:

Device: TPD0

Device's IOInterruptSpecifiers: 33 00 ...

Now, being a wiskey lake, i don't know what file (sunrise point, cannon point, ice lake) i might use. Neither I know If I have to use any prefered path. Anyway, my tree of possibilities is:

33 - B3 - 28 ; 33 - F3 - 123-96 - 219 ; 33 - J3 - 290

and following ice lake path

33 - B19 - 27 ; 33 - D11 - 93

I tried to pin to 28 and 27 but given the amount of errors I guess I did something wrong while editing the dsdt.

Ok,
Reading post 2 and trying to do my best I patched my DSDT.aml following the instructions as well as I knew.
I surely made some mistake as right now dmesg says...
ACPI Error: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed Method parse/execution failed

for a big bunch of diferent devices or methods or whatever.

I tried to pin to 0x27 and 0x28 as I am not sure what path to follow in the pin selector.

My reasoning:

Device: TPD0

Device's IOInterruptSpecifiers: 33 00 ...

Now, being a wiskey lake, i don't know what file (sunrise point, cannon point, ice lake) i might use. Neither I know If I have to use any prefered path. Anyway, my tree of possibilities is:

33 - B3 - 28 ; 33 - F3 - 123-96 - 219 ; 33 - J3 - 290

and following ice lake path

33 - B19 - 27 ; 33 - D11 - 93

I tried to pin to 28 and 27 but given the amount of errors I guess I did something wrong while editing the dsdt.
1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back