Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS MASTER
CPU
I9 10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello i believed tat it was a good idea to buy a beautifull 4K LG Ultrafine for my first hackintosh ever and i must admit that i begin to have some regrets.

I did my config according to the Buyers Guide, but for the screen i choose it freestyle and now i'm stuck.

First someone told me on this forum that i should order a Titan Ridge 2.0 card to make my LG display work on true thunderbolt port, without that it would impossible. But because i already had a fenvi and other USB port on the tower, i must buy that component https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B079CB2HN9/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

When i finished the mount, i think i followed the instruction as good as i could to connect everything inside the system unit like the differents manuals told it.

Now i'm only to few steps to config my UEFI and install the system.

But i connect the LG 4K to every thunderbolt port, or USB C on the Titan Ridge and the screen stay black even if i make the power on on the "central unit"...

First i tryed to ensure that the screen whas fully operational because it's new. i connected it to a macbook pro of a colleague and it worked perfectly. So it is not the screen...

Do you think i made something wrong with the cable?

Before change the strategy i would like to be sure the titan ridge et fully fonctionnal

When i put the power on every component shows a sign of light on.

The fenvi T919 has got a green light. The cooler are turning, the motherboard is enlighted, the GPU fan are turning but impossible to see if it is ok for the titan ridge card.

I put some pictures taken with phone to show a little bit the way i installed it...

Should i take a more common screen to make my installation and when OSX will be correctly installed i will use
my 4K?

Does someone here use a LG ultrafine 4K and mostly on a hackintosh config?

Help me. I'am about to send my computer trough the windows :)

Thanks Guys

here are aime picture in case it help you dear Reader To make it work.

Attachments

• 20210504_174205.jpg
    20210504_174205.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • 20210504_173340.jpg
    20210504_173340.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
  • 20210504_174222.jpg
    20210504_174222.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 46
here are aime picture in case it help you dear Reader To make it work.
assumed you have tested this in windows and it works ok there?

assumed you have tested this in windows and it works ok there?
Hi Feartech. No i didn't my computer is new and i didnt install any system on it yet.

i think i Will try first with another display. But sincerly i dont understand why is it so difficult..

i think i Will try first with another display.

Yes you should set the system up with another display

But sincerly i dont understand why is it so difficult..

Thunder bolt 3 on Hackintosh is not perfect and requires work to get it working and working with TB3 displays is another step. You might be able to find more information at the following link:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back