Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx Stork! Great to hear the fix is finally in the latest MB. Any root cause?
Combination of bug fix, and 10.9.3 changes complicating the bug fix. That's my understanding.

I think I fixed the last irks I'd been having, and I feel stupid.

I was about to give up on this hackintosh when I went to take a last look at my bios settings and I realised I was running F6.

So, after the glorious Win98 boot logo, I got it updated to F8 and everything seems fine. I have power on my USB 3.0s as well (will test charging my iPad in a minute). Even iMessage and Facetime are working!

I'm updating to 10.9.4 at this moment, I'll report back in a minute.

Edit: Updated, updated nvidia drivers and ran multibeast to get audio back. Seems to be working fine.

hey LEXONE,
i read you 're using F8 bios, right ?
can you provide us your pre-generated DSDT file for F8 ?
in first post it seems there's linked the F7 file only

if latest MB really fixed previous audio issues i would upgrade to latest bios with latest OSX.
actually my system is pretty stable with 10.9.1 but still using F6 bios and i running it with usb 3 driver (XHCPI) disabled to avoid problem with my audio interface (apogee symphony i/o)

apogee released a while ago new driver that should fix the incompatibility with usb3, so i would try to upgrade bios to F8, OSX to 10.9.3 (or 10.9.4), and symphony to latest apogee driver.

for the records i dont need hdmi audio but must use the integrated HD4600 with dual monitor (DisplayPort + HDMI or dual HDMI)...
what upgrade procedure do you suggest me to follow ?

Well, just had a freeze. Rebuilding my DSDT as of now to see if it works better. Does the order of the patches matter? Should I hit compile between each patch? Should I add the nvidia graphics patch from Toleda as the instructions on the z87x-oc patch tell me to, or is the Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1 patch enough?

Edit: Still doesn't charge my iPad. Can anyone charge an iPad with their build?

Edit 2: this seems like a solution: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...oc-i7-4770k-hd4600-gt-640-a-7.html#post672569
How do I go about applying this?

Guys - I will get back to you soon with updates, etc. I've been rather busy lately... stay tuned :crazy:

Edit - 7/14 - Updated to 10.9.4 without issues. Please see Post #1 for all updates, etc.

Does the order of the patches matter? Should I hit compile between each patch? Should I add the nvidia graphics patch from Toleda as the instructions on the z87x-oc patch tell me to, or is the Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1 patch enough?

See Post #1 - Steps to create and patch DSDT...

Edit 2: this seems like a solution: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...oc-i7-4770k-hd4600-gt-640-a-7.html#post672569
How do I go about applying this?

This would require you to edit a DSDT using MaciASL, and apply the same setting he has outlined.

can you provide us your pre-generated DSDT file for F8 ?

See Post #1 for updated DSDT files for F8 BIOS.

what upgrade procedure do you suggest me to follow ?
Just upgrade via Mac App Store and reinstall audio from MultiBeast 6.3.1. Repair permissions and reboot.

thanks LEXONE !

one question...
from the gigabyte bios page, about the F8 version i read so:

1. Improve overclocking capability
(Note) Please use the efiflash.exe included in the zip file to update this BIOS.

what does it means ?

i still can update bios from the internal bios upgrade utility?
or i need to run the .EXE application ?
how can i run it if i havent windows installed ? i just run mavericks...

thanks LEXONE !

one question...
from the gigabyte bios page, about the F8 version i read so:

1. Improve overclocking capability
(Note) Please use the efiflash.exe included in the zip file to update this BIOS.

what does it means ?

i still can update bios from the internal bios upgrade utility?
or i need to run the .EXE application ?
how can i run it if i havent windows installed ? i just run mavericks...
This Guide might provide some insight: http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/131047-how-update-your-gigabyte-motherboards-bios.html

See Post #1 - Steps to create and patch DSDT...

Yeah, I asked because those things weren't really clear. Specially the NVidia patches. Should I add both? What does the A1 patch do?

This would require you to edit a DSDT using MaciASL, and apply the same setting he has outlined.
But where in the DSDT do I drop that?

I suppose I could just use your DSDT and it should work fine, right?

Yeah, I asked because those things weren't really clear. Specially the NVidia patches. Should I add both? What does the A1 patch do?

If it seems unclear, then I apologize and I wouldn't recommend you doing anything which may seem confusing especially if you have never used MaciASL before to create a DSDT. But basically, you create a plain DSDT, then you add the repos as show in the graphic, then click "Patch" and locate the patches I've outlined and select each one (one at a time) and click apply. Once you have applied all in order, you click "Close", then click "Compile" and save it as a DSDT.aml file.

You only need to apply Nvidia-A1 or A2, not both of them at that step and only apply it if your using an nVidia GPU. Not sure of the differences between them but they add edits to the DSDT to enable AirPlay mirroring, etc. You can find more info when you click the patch and read the output in the right window pane before clicking "Apply". It will tell you exactly what each patch is doing...

But where in the DSDT do I drop that?

You would have to use the search feature in MaciASL to find the specified strings in the DSDT to bring you to that area so you can make your edits

I suppose I could just use your DSDT and it should work fine, right?

Precisely! I already did the work for you in my DSDT's and uploaded 3 different versions to cater to different user setups. Try it out and see if it works for you. No issues on my end with them. Let me know how you make out :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back