Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never used a DSDT before, it just won't boot. I believe that a properly patched DSDT could solve the BIOS incompatibility.

I would downgrade the bios, but there is no real useful guide for my mobo. Tried several ways with holding the power button to access the backup bios, but none worked.

Your system should boot with or without the DSDT. My system (Z87X-OC) isn't using a patched DSDT and works fine. I would say you have another issue other than a DSDT problem.

Your system should boot with or without the DSDT. My system (Z87X-OC) isn't using a DSDT and works fine. I would say you have another issue other than a DSDT problem.

So I assume you are on F9c as well?

Hmm, any suggestions on how to solve a "panic(cpu0,.." and "Cannot find ... ACPI" kernel panic?

I am on clover 3259 btw.

Last edited:
So I assume you are on F9c as well?

Hmm, any suggestions on how to solve a "panic(cpu0,.." and "Cannot find ... ACPI" kernel panic?

I am on clover 3259 btw.

I wonder if this may have something to do with your Clover configuration. I am not running F9c as this is still a "beta" release and in my opinion, not recommended. Have you tried booting it with Chimera? Or with your UniBeast USB? Will it boot with either of those methods? UniBeast uses Chimera by default...

Hello everybody !
My Lexon's Haswell Build Hackintosh has 3 years now. I'm running on Yosemite 10.10.2 and use Multibeast 7.0.2.
Since the begining I've got tow majore issues :

Graphic card :
I use my GTX 770 but the problem is that I can't use Quick Look. Each time the result is a dirty video preview like the print screen below :

View attachment 151676

External Drive :
Each time I plug an external drive in USB2, USB3 or Firewire (via my StarTech.com PEX1394B3 PCI express Card) after more or less 1 minute of access to the drive my Hackintosh freeze. (I've try with differents external HD and for the USB differents USB Keys)

My complete configuration is in my signature. Do you have any ideas on how I can repair this two problems ? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Could be an issue with PCI express card and you also may need nVidia drivers in your machine for your card model. I am not positive on that tho and will have to research to verify. But I cannot comment yet as I do not have any of those issues with my system using a GTX 780 running OS X 10.10.5.

I wonder if this may have something to do with your Clover configuration. I am not running F9c as this is still a "beta" release and in my opinion, not recommended. Have you tried booting it with Chimera? Or with your UniBeast USB? Will it boot with either of those methods? UniBeast uses Chimera by default...

I tried different Bootloaders and fresh clover configs and everything without success.

I now managed to restore the BIOS through the switch on the motherboard. Now it boots fine. There was an obvious problem with the BIOS version.

Thanks for you help anyway. I still have to update to F8, which runs good for you, doesn't it?

I still have to update to F8, which runs good for you, doesn't it?

Yes, I am running F8 and haven't had any problems with it. Stay away from "beta" (F9c) BIOS versions :thumbup:

One last question:

Have you overclocked your build? I used the prebuild overclocking options of the mobo and cannot get further than 60%.

This leads to a Kernel Panic, but the same goes for Windows. Receiving a blue screen.

Is that the limit?

Thank you very much Lexon for your answer. I have always had the update for the nvidia drivers. Maybe there is an hardware problem with my graphic card.

Thank you very much Lexon for your answer. I have always had the update for the nvidia drivers. Maybe there is an hardware problem with my graphic card.

It is very well possible that it's a hardware problem. See what happens when you update to the latest version of the nVidia drivers since the GTX 770 needs them. Let me know how you make out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back