Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
cause is not really a "working system" for me no problem if i mess it up …
but i'm not sure i understood well, please confirm the EXACT procedure:

-on the CURRENT SYSTEM i delete HDAEnabler and AppleHDA kext files ?
-then install my DSDT along with the ALC892 audio codec in MultiBeast under the "With DSDT" option.
-Repair permissions before rebooting.

is it correct or you referring to a clean install ?

I am not talking about a clean install, although i always recommend doing a fresh install...but to save time if you do not want to do a clean install first then...yes follow these instructions:

1. On the CURRENT SYSTEM - delete all HDAEnabler and AppleHDA kext files from S/L/E
  2. Repair Permissions on disk and rebuild cache
  3. Install my DSDT along with the ALC892 audio codec using MultiBeast under the "With DSDT" option.
  4. Repair permissions and rebuild cache again
  5. Reboot

I would only add to backup your system before your Step 1. :thumbup: You can use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper to back up your current OS X installation to another disk or disk partition.

I would only add to backup your system before your Step 1. :thumbup: You can use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper to back up your current OS X installation to another disk or disk partition.

:thumbup: - Agreed! Thx Stork!

hi Lexone good work for your Haswell Build
I will like to know if the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 Widescreen works correctly on your Build
I would buy it in May I am afraid that I was struggling to work on my hackintosh

Install my DSDT along with the ALC892 audio codec using MultiBeast under the "With DSDT" option.

to install your DSDT file and ALC892 i need to select and install also all the other stuff in multibeast picture ?

this is what i do not understand :p

in other words, i have to "overwrite" what i installed previously selecting DSDT FREE etc etc… ?
also i noted you used the iMac 14,2 definitions… you think it's better suited for our build ?
i used the mac pro 3,1 as wildwillow did.

No, I only stated to install the DSDT and the Audio kext file. You do not need all the other settings from my config. Just the DSDT and Audio from MultiBeast. Using System 3,1 is perfectly fine but I've installed 14,2 to be more current and make the system believe it's a newer Mac to support AirPlay mirroring.

If you decide to do a clean install, then I would suggest installing everything as I did in the guide...DSDT and ALL MultiBeast configs. :thumbup:

Let me know how you make out

hi Lexone good work for your Haswell Build
I will like to know if the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 Widescreen works correctly on your Build
I would buy it in May I am afraid that I was struggling to work on my hackintosh

Thanks! Yes, it works right out of the box and is also listed as an accessory in the December CustoMac Buyers guide. It may also have been listed in previous buyers guides on the site.

I'll just buy some speakers instead, I don't want to might destroy everything.. :(

...the pics are no more visible… a prob with image host service or you removed ?

Yes this is an issue with Photobucket where I have exceeded the 10GB bandwidth limit for the month so none of my images will display until the bandwidth limit is reset at the end of the month.:banghead::thumbdown:

I will look at updating the links later today and move them to imgur or another host. Sorry about the inconvenience.

I'll just buy some speakers instead, I don't want to might destroy everything.. :(

If that's what you prefer to do then that is fine but i am 99% positive that you would be fine following my guide and setup. I feel confident that you wouldn't have any issues with your system. Keep in mind that you can always make a bootable clone of your current system before trying anything. If something breaks, then you can boot into your clone and restore the clone to your system.

Yes this is an issue with Photobucket where I have exceeded the 10GB bandwidth limit for the month so none of my images will display until the bandwidth limit is reset at the end of the month.:banghead::thumbdown:

I will look at updating the links later today and move them to imgur or another host. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Why not use your tonymacx86 account's Profile Albums for your threads pictures. That what most of us do as it for you to use for your posts here on the Forum. :thumbup: I created an Album for each of my build descriptions and several others for miscellaneous stuff. Try it, you'll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back