Graphics
Intel HD 4400 / 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My Lenovo Yoga 2 13" uses VoodooPS2 by RehabMan and some keys aren't working.

I have fixed brightness keys by applying DSDT patch.

Here is a photo of my keyboard layout.
lenovo-yoga2-13-g13.jpg

In BIOS I have Fn option enabled, so to get F2 working as F2 I have to press Fn+F2.

F6: The most annoying one is pressing F6. It works and disables the touchpad, but on each second (II) press it adds one level of display brightness. So every time I press it to disable touchpad the brightness goes one level up.

PrtSc: I don't know why, but the PrtSc button is working as a disable/enable touchpad switch. (Just like F6, but without the 'brightness bug')

And the most interesting part about F6 and PrtSc is that they are divided. Let's say at startup we have F6 = true; PrtSc = true. If I press the button it goes button=!button. For touchpad to work I need F6 and PrtSc both to be true.
If I, lets say, press the PrtSc button I get my touchpad disabled. I then press F6 to get it enabled and nothing happens. From this moment I have to press F6 and PrtSc again to enable touchpad. That is very frustrating.

Functions like Airplane mode pressing F7 (without Fn) and other for keys F4, F7, F8, F10 aren't working. And I can't get their ACPI codes using ACPIKeyboard.kext.

Also, if I go to the lowest level of brightness the screen just goes off!

Is there a way to fix those issues? Maybe some config file or patching DSDT?

My Lenovo Yoga 2 13" uses VoodooPS2 by RehabMan and some keys aren't working.

I have fixed brightness keys by applying DSDT patch.

Here is a photo of my keyboard layout.
View attachment 173122

In BIOS I have Fn option enabled, so to get F2 working as F2 I have to press Fn+F2.

F6: The most annoying one is pressing F6. It works and disables the touchpad, but on each second (II) press it adds one level of display brightness. So every time I press it to disable touchpad the brightness goes one level up.

You might be able to capture/change what happens in ACPI. I did it on my Lenovo u430, so you might look at that project for clues. As far as the brightness, you should use the debug VoodooPS2 to see what keys are being sent.

PrtSc: I don't know why, but the PrtSc button is working as a disable/enable touchpad switch. (Just like F6, but without the 'brightness bug')

PrtSc is the default trackpad enable/disable key implemented in VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

And the most interesting part about F6 and PrtSc is that they are divided.

Of course. One is implemented by BIOS/ACPI and the other by VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Functions like Airplane mode pressing F7 (without Fn)

Probably won't be able to get it to work. You might use ACPIDebug to see which ACPI method(s) are called when you press it.

and other for keys F4, F7, F8, F10 aren't working. And I can't get their ACPI codes using ACPIKeyboard.kext.

Some of those will generate macros and some may be handled via ACPI. Use ACPIDebug and VoodooPS2Controller to see what the keys are doing. You should also look at the u430 examples. Note: It gets pretty technical.

Also, if I go to the lowest level of brightness the screen just goes off!

By design. As do all Macs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back