i7-4770
Graphics
HD7950
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Lenovo Z580; Intel i5 IvyBridge, Intel HD4000, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD. Everything is working well. ( I used this tutorial[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation) But I am struggling to get sleep to work. My laptop sleeps for about 3 seconds, before reawakening...:banghead: I have used sleepenabler.kext from the above tutorial but it only enables the 3 second rest my laptop likes to have. Removing it just causes the laptop to go white and freeze the cursor, hitting enter resolves this. Any thoughts anyone ?? Thanks for the help. Noob hackintosher here so please be patient haha thanks. :)

I have a Lenovo Z580; Intel i5 IvyBridge, Intel HD4000, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD. Everything is working well. ( I used this tutorial[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation) But I am struggling to get sleep to work. My laptop sleeps for about 3 seconds, before reawakening...:banghead: I have used sleepenabler.kext from the above tutorial but it only enables the 3 second rest my laptop likes to have. Removing it just causes the laptop to go white and freeze the cursor, hitting enter resolves this. Any thoughts anyone ?? Thanks for the help. Noob hackintosher here so please be patient haha thanks. :)

You should remove sleepenabler.kext.

What is the 'Wake Reason' in system.log when the machine wakes up?

It is probably related to USB2/USB3 and there are DSDT patches and/or boot flags that can help.

If you're using GenericUSBXHCI.kext make sure to use -gux_defer_usb2

And see the USB patches here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

I will certainly look into this, I never would have thought it's something to do with the USB's...
You seem to be the only person willing to help, thank god...
I'll try all of your suggestions and be back with a result soon, thank you :)

Okay, so I've finally got it to work. I used the 6 series USB3 enabler from RehabMan's MaciASL source and the sleepenabler.kext. But it's actually disabled the USB3 ports on my laptop :?: But anyway, other than that; it's up and... sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back