Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
System: Lenovo/Z580
CPU: Intel Core i3 2370M, Sandy Bridge Rev. 09, HM76 rev. 04
Graphics: HD3000, 1366x768

Boot Type: Clover r3193
Yosemite Installation Method: createinstallmedia via USB 16GB (2 partitions)

Bios: UEFI enabled
Secure boot disabled

Hard Drive Config: Windows 10 (planned on deleting/overwriting)
Mac Pro 2009 with 10.10.2 Yosemite

Guide Used: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I am trying to install Yosemite with clover and shortly after starting the installation in verbose clover hangs. Not sure why. I've included the picture of the screen after it hangs. Is there a log report i can extract from the usb drive? Any ideas why its hanging?

Attachments

• z580i3.jpg
    z580i3.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 443
System: Lenovo/Z580
CPU: Intel Core i3 2370M, Sandy Bridge Rev. 09, HM76 rev. 04
Graphics: HD3000, 1366x768

Boot Type: Clover r3193
Yosemite Installation Method: createinstallmedia via USB 16GB (2 partitions)

Bios: UEFI enabled
Secure boot disabled

Hard Drive Config: Windows 10 (planned on deleting/overwriting)
Mac Pro 2009 with 10.10.2 Yosemite

Guide Used: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I am trying to install Yosemite with clover and shortly after starting the installation in verbose clover hangs. Not sure why. I've included the picture of the screen after it hangs. Is there a log report i can extract from the usb drive? Any ideas why its hanging?

You're using the wrong config.plist. Make sure copy it/rename it as described in the guide.

Ok I first tried the 7series (config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist) and got the better clover GUI it defaulted to a standard install and then got the clover apple log and progress meter. Then it flashed to blank screen and did nothing. I then tried the (config_HD3000_1366x768.plist) file, booted in verbose, and it gave me a "failed to load com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB" and some other verbiage. I'll attach a picture of my screen. Not sure what to try next.

Attachments

• IMG_4527.jpg
    IMG_4527.jpg
    998.2 KB · Views: 354
Ok I first tried the 7series (config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist) and got the better clover GUI it defaulted to a standard install and then got the clover apple log and progress meter. Then it flashed to blank screen and did nothing. I then tried the (config_HD3000_1366x768.plist) file, booted in verbose, and it gave me a "failed to load com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB" and some other verbiage. I'll attach a picture of my screen. Not sure what to try next.

No idea which config.plist is correct for your system, as you ignored the first section of the guide...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Well, I entered the signature profile build information to the best of my ability. Hopefully it is enough information. If not i included the Clover boot verbose screen shot where the hang was and the CPU-Z profile log as an attachment.

Attachments

• CPUZ_z580i3.txt
    36.9 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4527.jpg
    IMG_4527.jpg
    998.2 KB · Views: 269
Well, I entered the signature profile build information to the best of my ability. Hopefully it is enough information. If not i included the Clover boot verbose screen shot where the hang was and the CPU-Z profile log as an attachment.

You have 7-series chipset (HM76) but HD3000 (so-called "mixed" system). Make sure you use the config.plist associated with such a hardware config.

Please fill out your profile to reflect your hardware details accurately (including chipset, screen resolution).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back