Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga c940-15irh hackintosh works but won't boot with the built-in 4k screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH 81TE000RMH
CPU
i7 9750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have a problem with my laptop. I installed mac os catalina and the graphics is working fully with an external screen but not with the built-in 4K screen. macOS does not boot with the built-in screen. See the photo in the attachment.(it hangs at that point)
macOS will only boot with the built-in screen if the AAPL, ig platform id is at 0x12345678

Bootloader: OpenCore 0.6.0
Laptop: Lenovo Yoga c940-15irh
Specs:
Intel i7-9750H
16GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 MAX-Q (disabled with disable-external-gpu)
Intel UHD 630
4K 3840 × 2160 build-in screen

can anyone help me with this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 137
I have the same problem on my hp spectre 2020(see here) and sadly no working solution.
But some people with other laptop than mine have succeeded with edid patching(like here). Don’t forget the -cdfon boot flag(prior to bigsur only)

So we have extremely similar l
Hello,

I have a problem with my laptop. I installed mac os catalina and the graphics is working fully with an external screen but not with the built-in 4K screen. macOS does not boot with the built-in screen. See the photo in the attachment.(it hangs at that point)
macOS will only boot with the built-in screen if the AAPL, ig platform id is at 0x12345678

Bootloader: OpenCore 0.6.0
Laptop: Lenovo Yoga c940-15irh
Specs:
Intel i7-9750H
16GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 MAX-Q (disabled with disable-external-gpu)
Intel UHD 630
4K 3840 × 2160 build-in screen

can anyone help me with this problem?
So we have extremly similar laptops. Same base config. I have a Lenovo Ideapad S740. I think the major difference is that mine is non-yoga and doesn't have the 360 hinge.

Now as for the screen, I kinda got it working:

Assuming you have OpenCore 0.6.7:
  1. Set SMBIOS as MacBookPro16,1
  2. Set iGPU DeviceProperties as follows (no ig-platform-id used):
    disp_uhd630.PNG
  3. Now comes the weird part. Reboot the system and after all the verbose text, you'll reach blank screen.
  4. Without pressing anything, close the laptop lid for 2 seconds.
  5. Open the lid back and press any key. The screen should wake up and you'll see the login screen with acceleration working.
    PXL_20210310_023502016.jpg
I am still looking at how to fix the lid issue, but my first priority is to get touchpad working. If you have any info on that do let me know.

Regards

Devious

So we have extremely similar l

So we have extremly similar laptops. Same base config. I have a Lenovo Ideapad S740. I think the major difference is that mine is non-yoga and doesn't have the 360 hinge.

Now as for the screen, I kinda got it working:

Assuming you have OpenCore 0.6.7:
  1. Set SMBIOS as MacBookPro16,1
  2. Set iGPU DeviceProperties as follows (no ig-platform-id used):View attachment 511807
  3. Now comes the weird part. Reboot the system and after all the verbose text, you'll reach blank screen.
  4. Without pressing anything, close the laptop lid for 2 seconds.
  5. Open the lid back and press any key. The screen should wake up and you'll see the login screen with acceleration working.
    View attachment 511810
I am still looking at how to fix the lid issue, but my first priority is to get touchpad working. If you have any info on that do let me know.

Regards

Devious
I have tried your configuration but it does not work on my laptop unfortunately :( I also changed some things but that made no difference.
I don't know what kind of touchpad you have but I got it working with the VoodooI2C, VoodooI2CHID and Voodooi2CSynaptics kext.

I have the same laptop. You write that you got the touchpad working. This suggest that you have MacOS running. Could you upload your EFI-folder?

I got macOS running but with a external display[hdmi to type-c dongle]
I got the touchpad working with the VoodooI2C, VoodooI2CHID and Voodooi2CSynaptics kext.

Did get any success with getting the 4k display working?

I indeed got the 4K display working by editing the bios (activating 64MB of VRAM)

how did you change the vram i cant do that in my bios. Do you have a custom unlocked bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back