Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need to patch DSDT before I see any QE/CI?

I am not seeing it yet and I'm not quite clear from the thread if it should already be there after bios rollback, setup_var, pixelclockpatcher, and injectintel=yes. I see window glitching and Launchbar draws very slowly in rows from the bottom up - I'm hoping it gets better than that, yes?

I haven't done the SSDTs yet but I have a compiling DSDT -- not sure if that will solve the problem and/or if I can implement it before I get the SDSTs sorted.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hi guys.
Just wanted to post my current status with internet and bluetooth.
Internet: I'm using ethernet lan cable now because I use my device in home like above 90% of the time. Using a cheap chinese USB To Ethernet device. And the Edimax-EW7811Un for WiFi (which has poor interface/support as mentioned in last posts, but it does the job!)
Bluetooth: Again, a cheap chinese USB BT device (brand/name/model: siyoteam hk-968) which is driver-free and works OOB.
So just wanted to say that hackintosh hardware compatibility isn't that big a deal! :headbang: I went to a small local store with no hope to find anything that's gonna work, but the first ones I treid worked OOB! (The USB Ethernet had a OS X driver though)
I'm currently using them with my USB Hub and everything seems to be PERFECT! :D
Thanks again RehabMan for all your help.:headbang:

Attached is my ioreg file for my QE/CI problem mentioned above.

Attachments

• Yoga2Pro-witulski.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 109
Attached is my ioreg file for my QE/CI problem mentioned above.

The graphics drivers are not loading due to lack of device-id injection (0x0412).

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Attached is my EFI/Clover folder for the problem of the not-injecting device id 0x0412.

I did make one change from ryman95's suggested config.plist when I saw it didn't include the 96mb preallocation patch under 'kextstopatch', don't know if that's necessary or will mess anything up.

All included kexts were installed to S/L/E with Kext Wizard as well.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 84
Attached is my EFI/Clover folder for the problem of the not-injecting device id 0x0412.

I did make one change from ryman95's suggested config.plist when I saw it didn't include the 96mb preallocation patch under 'kextstopatch', don't know if that's necessary or will mess anything up.

All included kexts were installed to S/L/E with Kext Wizard as well.

The FakeID is not working because you're dropping OEM SSDTs (config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true) without having any replacement (patched) SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

You can use DropOem=true only after you have patched ACPI files (including all SSDTs) in ACPI/patched.

Great! Thanks, it's working now! Yep, the config.plist in ryman95's proto-guide has DropOem=true under ssdt - this is my first time through Hackintosh, so I used the file as-is and didn't question it. Is it worth adding a little edit note to the post to mention that for others?

Similarly, the EFI/bootx64.efi path mentioned in post 171 had me stuck until I worked out that it should actually be EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi - I never examined the structure of an EFI partition before, so had no idea.

Screen looks great - now to get my SSDTs working!

Make shure that you copy the file to the right directory:
/EFI/bootx64.efi

@ryman95... just to note... this is wrong.

We now have several guides that specify the wrong path.

One of the main guides instructs \BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.
And this post which says \EFI\BOOTX64.EFI.

Both are wrong.

Correct path is \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.

Great! Thanks, it's working now! Yep, the config.plist in ryman95's proto-guide has DropOem=true under ssdt - this is my first time through Hackintosh, so I used the file as-is and didn't question it. Is it worth adding a little edit note to the post to mention that for others?

Installation generally uses a different config.plist than the final install due to patched ACPI.

Similarly, the EFI/bootx64.efi path mentioned in post 171 had me stuck until I worked out that it should actually be EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi - I never examined the structure of an EFI partition before, so had no idea.

Yes... sloppy writing and lack of testing what is written leads to this...

Yes... sloppy writing and lack of testing what is written leads to this...

Sorry guys, my fault.

Unfortunally I had to stop my work, but nearly everythig worked perfect. Flashing the BIOS wasn't that risky. Just search for Lenovo Yoga 2 or 2 Pro on bios-mods.com. There are some guides with pictures and screenshots. All in all you have to buy the hardware flasher and a connector for 15 $ and connect them to your bios chip (backside of the cpu-part of the mainboard (lenovo splitted it in 3 parts)) and start the software (you will get it together with the programmer). Make a dump and ask the guys from bios-mods.com to modify it (buy them a beer for there work!). Connect the bios chip again and use the software to flash it. It takes me about a half hour to extand, read, flash und insert it back.

Currently my Yoga is beeing repaired. The display is flickering on lower brightness, the volume down Buttom on the side is broken, the paint on the front peels off and it gets mutch to hot (CPU > 100 °C). I will see if I get this one back or a new Yoga. Maybe Amazon will just give the money back although I removed the ssd and wifi chip cards. In this case I will look for the Dell XPS 13. Maybe it was just my laptop but the quality of lenovo seems to be verry poor. My 450 € HP ProBook looks 100 times better after 3 years than the Yoga 2 Pro after 3 month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back