Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes::D

Can I use a BT USB Dongle? Will any USB Dongle be ok? If not, which one are ok? You probably gonna say a donge with a Broadcom chip, are there anything else other that broadcom that will work with os x?

You can use a USB BT, but you'll need to choose one that is compatible.

I've never used one, so don't have a recommendation. Look at the Buyer's Guide and the Network forum.

You can use a USB BT, but you'll need to choose one that is compatible.

I've never used one, so don't have a recommendation. Look at the Buyer's Guide and the Network forum.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, Bluetooth randomly works, and as I said the times that it's working, it stops working after sleep. But I don't understand! It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, why? surely there's something happening that prevents bt to work, and surely there's have to be something I could do to stop this and make it work all the time...

@ryman95, did your bluetooth worked before you replaced your network card and all?

Update: Before now, bluetooth did work randomly but now it doesn't work at all! I keep rebooting and everytime it's not available, Why is this happening!? Why did it worked before and not anymore!?
I really don't understand what's the deal with BT! I mean, it's a computer, It's not an animal or human to have will power and it doesn't have Artificial intelligence (It's not intelligent) Then why sometimes it works and somtimes it doesn't? why did it stoped working now?

After some days of testing I found a few more bugs:

- It looks like the fancontrol doesn't work probably and the CPU get really hot (>90 °C) and the notebook turns off. (especially when charging)
- I got KPs if it is in not in use but on (maybe some problem with power-management?)

Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82c67000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 8669A5A4-114C-3A65-9FBA-E9F4E8D587E8 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Code:
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
No output

Code:
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
  102    0 0xffffff7f82678000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 945877D4-29DF-3705-8206-43D6AE731F63 <90 12 5 4 3>

Attachments

• RehabMan + IOREG.zip
    568.3 KB · Views: 74
I'm not sure if I mentioned this, Bluetooth randomly works, and as I said the times that it's working, it stops working after sleep. But I don't understand! It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, why? surely there's something happening that prevents bt to work, and surely there's have to be something I could do to stop this and make it work all the time...

@ryman95, did your bluetooth worked before you replaced your network card and all?

Update: Before now, bluetooth did work randomly but now it doesn't work at all! I keep rebooting and everytime it's not available, Why is this happening!? Why did it worked before and not anymore!?
I really don't understand what's the deal with BT! I mean, it's a computer, It's not an animal or human to have will power and it doesn't have Artificial intelligence (It's not intelligent) Then why sometimes it works and somtimes it doesn't? why did it stoped working now?

Your BT hardware is not used/tested by Apple. Therefore likely to suffer from reliability issues.

Boot into Windows first to upload firmware to the BT device, then restart into OS X.

After some days of testing I found a few more bugs:

- It looks like the fancontrol doesn't work probably and the CPU get really hot (>90 °C) and the notebook turns off. (especially when charging)
- I got KPs if it is in not in use but on (maybe some problem with power-management?)

Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82c67000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 8669A5A4-114C-3A65-9FBA-E9F4E8D587E8 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Code:
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
No output

Code:
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
  102    0 0xffffff7f82678000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 945877D4-29DF-3705-8206-43D6AE731F63 <90 12 5 4 3>

Check BIOS for options regarding fan control/thermal management.

Make sure DSDT/SSDTs are patched from a recent extract.

Running beta code (10.11) likely to be buggy...

From ioreg, PM looks ok.

Note: HDMI-audio not implemented.

Your BT hardware is not used/tested by Apple. Therefore likely to suffer from reliability issues.

Boot into Windows first to upload firmware to the BT device, then restart into OS X.
Booting Windows didn't help. But when I booted linux, bluetooth was switched off, I turned it on and booted OS X and it was ok. Then I rebooted OS X and it was gone again, so I have to boot linux all the time in order to get BT working in OS X. Isn't there like a file or something in linux that I can give OS X to load so that bluetooth will be working? Like the way you drop DSDT/SSDTs from linux...

Booting Windows didn't help. But when I booted linux, bluetooth was switched off, I turned it on and booted OS X and it was ok. Then I rebooted OS X and it was gone again, so I have to boot linux all the time in order to get BT working in OS X. Isn't there like a file or something in linux that I can give OS X to load so that bluetooth will be working? Like the way you drop DSDT/SSDTs from linux...

You need a bluetooth firmware uploader kext for OS X. But OS X and Linux have completely different kernel/driver interfaces, so it is not a simple process.

Given that your WiFi is not supported, you're unlikely to find much interest in support for the BT component.

Best option for you is to flash a patched BIOS so you can install a compatible WiFi/BT card.

Or get a different computer without the whitelist restrictions.

You need a bluetooth firmware uploader kext for OS X. But OS X and Linux have completely different kernel/driver interfaces, so it is not a simple process.

Given that your WiFi is not supported, you're unlikely to find much interest in support for the BT component.

Best option for you is to flash a patched BIOS so you can install a compatible WiFi/BT card.

Or get a different computer without the whitelist restrictions.

Can you please give me some guidance about flashing BIOS and installing new network card? I really don't have any special experience with hardware.
What network card do you think is ok? Which one did ryman use?
+ What is this "hardware programmer" I saw you and other people talked about in this topic and the whole forum?

Can you please give me some guidance about flashing BIOS and installing new network card? I really don't have any special experience with hardware.
What network card do you think is ok? Which one did ryman use?
+ What is this "hardware programmer" I saw you and other people talked about in this topic and the whole forum?

I think only ryman95 has flashed unlocked BIOS. Not for the non-adventurous. Requires the use of a hardware flash programmer to program the chip directly.

Pretty sure there are details in this thread, but perhaps ryman95 can chime in with links/details.

WiFi recommendations are in the FAQ.

Do I need to patch DSDT before I see any QE/CI?

I am not seeing it yet and I'm not quite clear from the thread if it should already be there after bios rollback, setup_var, pixelclockpatcher, and injectintel=yes. I see window glitching and Launchbar draws very slowly in rows from the bottom up - I'm hoping it gets better than that, yes?

I haven't done the SSDTs yet but I have a compiling DSDT -- not sure if that will solve the problem and/or if I can implement it before I get the SDSTs sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back