Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of USB devices? If storage devices, maybe they are busy. Spotlight indexing will need to read all files to provide indexed search, for example.
I mentioned:
any USB device I connect, when i detach them after 2-3minutes, they are really hot! This isn't only for the USB Hub, Normal USB ports are the same. But not in windows! In windows everything is fine.
Any USB Device, USB Flash drives, USB WiFi... the thing is, this doesn't happen in windows. They are hot either if I detach them after 2 hours or 5 minutes
If you need reliable bluetooth, replace with supported Broadcom BT.
How can I do that? I didn't find any Guide.

I already warned... that you would not be satisfied. I would rebrand a supported WiFi card so it passes the whitelist.
Isn't whitelist an issue on Y2P? I think you were discussing about it with ryman or emulem in this topic or http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...novo-yoga-2-pro-hd4400-qhd-qe-ci-working.html
If it's really possible, this means opening the device? I'm not a hardware expert, though I've opened my other vaio laptop to remove the dust once. Can I do it by myself? It's a laptop, if I mess anything up, I'm screwed! I'm willing to learn and take small risks, but not big risks, is it too hard? The AR9280 you mentioned in page 30 isn't available in my area, can you recommend some more?

What about USB Ethernet? Will that be annoying too? Will it work OOB? It's not the best solution but it's not bad for home use...

I mentioned:

Any USB Device, USB Flash drives, USB WiFi... the thing is, this doesn't happen in windows. They are hot either if I detach them after 2 hours or 5 minutes

Could be incompatibility with the hub you're using. Use without hub or try different hub.

How can I do that? I didn't find any Guide.

There are some USB BT devices that are natively supported (GMYLE?). I haven't looked into it as I have supported Broadcom PCIe WiFi/BT.

Isn't whitelist an issue on Y2P? I think you were discussing about it with ryman or emulem in this topic or http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...novo-yoga-2-pro-hd4400-qhd-qe-ci-working.html
If it's really possible, this means opening the device?

Replacing the device involves opening it, yes. Lenovo is pretty good about making service manuals available. Rebranding a WiFi device involves flashing the EEPROM (in Linux usually).

I'm not a hardware expert, though I've opened my other vaio laptop to remove the dust once. Can I do it by myself? It's a laptop, if I mess anything up, I'm screwed! I'm willing to learn and take small risks, but not big risks, is it too hard? The AR9280 you mentioned in page 30 isn't available in my area, can you recommend some more?

No idea what "area" you're in. AR9280 is easily purchased from ebay here in the US.

What about USB Ethernet? Will that be annoying too? Will it work OOB? It's not the best solution but it's not bad for home use...

I think Apple sells a USB Ethernet device...

Could be incompatibility with the hub you're using. Use without hub or try different hub.
It's not like this only happens on the hub! normal USB ports are the same
No, It's for all USB devices. and it's not like this is only on the USB Hub. This problem existed long before, I'm just stating it now...
(If I use without hub, the result is the same; USB devices get hot)
There are some USB BT devices that are natively supported (GMYLE?). I haven't looked into it as I have supported Broadcom PCIe WiFi/BT.
Oh I thought Broadcom BT is a patch/kext! Ok then.

Replacing the device involves opening it, yes. Lenovo is pretty good about making service manuals available. Rebranding a WiFi device involves flashing the EEPROM (in Linux usually).

No idea what "area" you're in. AR9280 is easily purchased from ebay here in the US.
Alright, maybe I'll do it. Thanks.
I think Apple sells a USB Ethernet device...
That's expensive like any other apple device! I meant this kind of things: http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Ethernet-Chromebook-Ultrabook-USB3GIG/dp/B00LIW8TBG/ref=lp_13983791_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437854106&sr=1-10

I'm going to send an email to edimax, requesting more ew-7811un support on mac... Do you think they'll do anyhing about it?

It's not like this only happens on the hub! normal USB ports are the same
(If I use without hub, the result is the same; USB devices get hot)

No idea.

Oh I thought Broadcom BT is a patch/kext! Ok then.

It is hardware. That's what Broadcom makes :) Recent Apple computers all use Broadcom BT chips.

No experience with it. Check for OS X drivers.

I'm going to send an email to edimax, requesting more ew-7811un support on mac... Do you think they'll do anyhing about it?

Probably not. Mac would be a very small market for them.

Also, Apple makes it difficult as they don't document their WiFi interfaces for kext developers. It means the entire thing has to be duplicated (menu bar app, sysprefs app, etc.).

Note: If you go the WiFi rebrand route, you will likely not be able to get the rebranded device working on Windows. Fortunately, USB WiFi is quite tolerable on Windows.

Hey guys,

I am back with great news! Today I patched my BIOS chip with a prrogrammer from China and installed a new Broadcom WiFi card. Everythings works perfectly. As I am on the latest BIOS version, I will have to make new DSDT/SSDT dumbs and patch them.

I will hold you up to date!

Hey guys,

I am back with great news! Today I patched my BIOS chip with a prrogrammer from China and installed a new Broadcom WiFi card. Everythings works perfectly. As I am on the latest BIOS version, I will have to make new DSDT/SSDT dumbs and patch them.

I will hold you up to date!

Were you able to flash the patched BIOS with the chip in place or did you have to remove/replace it?

Just on the mainboard without any problem.

So you just used a clip leaving the chip in place.

FYI: This is good news for those with this laptop if willing to take the risk. Having real WiFi is make/break in terms of usability.

WIFI and Bluetooth works, but there are still a lot of graphic problems. The "taskbar"-text is sometimes grey or green and the login screen looks badly.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-04 um 18.20.13.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-04 um 18.20.13.png
    35 KB · Views: 126
  • Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-04 um 18.21.00.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-04 um 18.21.00.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 98
WIFI and Bluetooth works, but there are still a lot of graphic problems. The "taskbar"-text is sometimes grey or green and the login screen looks badly.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back