Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Yosemite change our situation at all? I've heard that Yosemite has better support for high-res displays.

Probably not, but you could try it...

Hi,

Looking for an update here, anyone get osx 10.10 working on here? If so, is it possible to get a guide or walk through?

I have a Yoga 2 Pro. Is Yosemite works on this device with QE/CI? 3200x1800?
And the only problem is make hidpi enabled?

I have a Yoga 2 Pro. Is Yosemite works on this device with QE/CI? 3200x1800?
And the only problem is make hidpi enabled?

You should read this thread, and especially post #119.

I've.. I didn't understand anything..
If the only problem is making enable hidpi on os x, I have a working solution on my VmWare.

There is some QHD info available, but getting it to work is nowhere near automatic. I don't know of anyone who has specifically reported it working with this laptop.

HiDPI once you have QE/CI working is easy.

There is some QHD info available, but getting it to work is nowhere near automatic. I don't know of anyone who has specifically reported it working with this laptop.

HiDPI once you have QE/CI working is easy.

Well.. I have to finish a project first, then I will be free.. I will try to make it run.

@RehabMan I know you don't know me and I don't know you but would you take another crack at this laptop if I was to send you mine to work on? I really want to get OSX working with this display.

Edit: Shipping would be on my dime too.

@RehabMan I know you don't know me and I don't know you but would you take another crack at this laptop if I was to send you mine to work on? I really want to get OSX working with this display.

Edit: Shipping would be on my dime too.

Thanks for the "offer", but no... I don't plan to purchase this machine (impossible to change the WiFi to something compatible) so there is nothing in it for me to be working on it.

You need to be able to modify the DMVT Pre-alloc size of the memory card in your BIOS to 96 MB or higher in order to drive a QHD+ screen.

This is because the OS X driver works differently with the Intel HD graphics compared to the Windows driver.

If you do not have that option in your BIOS, you are out of luck.
On the Dell XPS I had to unlock the BIOS to get this option, however BIOS unlocking is dangerous and
can brick your laptop.

Additionally Lenovo laptops are heavily protected against BIOS unlocking, so best ask questions about that on a dedicated BIOS unlocking forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back