Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G1
CPU
I5-4310U/QM87
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all, first off thanks to everyone on these forums I almost have a 100% working hackintosh but have a last hurdle that is bugging the hell out of me and I can't work it out. Would greatly appreciate some help

Now the issue is getting all of the USB's detected and working. I have played around with Boot Flags and BIOS options and am nowhere closer to solving this.

I have 4 USB ports on my laptop (series 7 Ivy Bridge i5 chipset) the two on the left are USB3 and the two on the right are USB2, now my camera, card reader & bluetooth all run off of what I assume is another USB hub on the motherboard.

Now I can get all 4 USB ports working but no camera or I can get 3 USB ports and the camera working which is what I've settled on right now so I can still use FaceTime & Skype, I have tried USBBusFix=Yes & EHCIHard=Yes and neither seem to fix the problem. I have an unlocked BIOS on my laptop so have access to a lot of advanced USB chipset options which I've attached a picture off.

Other people that have installed on the Y580 have had the card reader & bluetooth working but I am having no luck. I need it to at least be detected under the USB section before I can even start attempting to get it working with kexts etc

Can anyone help please.
Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 13.15.55.pngIMG_0341.jpg

Hi all, first off thanks to everyone on these forums I almost have a 100% working hackintosh but have a last hurdle that is bugging the hell out of me and I can't work it out. Would greatly appreciate some help

Now the issue is getting all of the USB's detected and working. I have played around with Boot Flags and BIOS options and am nowhere closer to solving this.

I have 4 USB ports on my laptop (series 7 Ivy Bridge i5 chipset) the two on the left are USB3 and the two on the right are USB2, now my camera, card reader & bluetooth all run off of what I assume is another USB hub on the motherboard.

Now I can get all 4 USB ports working but no camera or I can get 3 USB ports and the camera working which is what I've settled on right now so I can still use FaceTime & Skype, I have tried USBBusFix=Yes & EHCIHard=Yes and neither seem to fix the problem. I have an unlocked BIOS on my laptop so have access to a lot of advanced USB chipset options which I've attached a picture off.

Other people that have installed on the Y580 have had the card reader & bluetooth working but I am having no luck. I need it to at least be detected under the USB section before I can even start attempting to get it working with kexts etc

Can anyone help please.
View attachment 92054View attachment 92055

What kext are you using for USB3?

What kext are you using for USB3?

Well I'm about to slot my blank HDD in again to start from scratch, I'll install everything as per Jessers guide including kexts, then try zenith's USB3 fix from multibeast and boot with kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2 and report back how i get on,

the only issue i usually have doing a new install is getting my apple services to work again like
iMessage/facetime/icloud & App Store

If i need to do anything different than what I've just said then please correct me :)

Well I'm about to slot my blank HDD in again to start from scratch, I'll install everything as per Jessers guide including kexts, then try zenith's USB3 fix from multibeast and boot with kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2 and report back how i get on,

the only issue i usually have doing a new install is getting my apple services to work again like
iMessage/facetime/icloud & App Store

If i need to do anything different than what I've just said then please correct me :)

I have no idea which guide you're referring to. I prefer to do my installs in a way that I understand every single component that goes into it and why it is helpful/what it fixes.

Good luck.

Seems to work with this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/112495-mavericks-10-9-lenovo-y580.html

I am in pretty much the same situation as you, except I have a Lenovo y480. Did you ever find a solution?

- The USB port by the charger port doesn't work at all.

- I use GenericUSBXHCI.kext to get 3 USB ports working.

- The other 3 ports work and report as USB3, but they don't transfer at USB3 speeds, just USB2.

- I have the Lenovo EasyCamera working via the "USBBusFix=Yes" flag.

- Bluetooth does't work at all. I've tried many different kexts.

- Card Reader doesn't work at all, again, tried different kexts.

Here is what I've tried:

Tried "-gux_defer_usb2", this just disables *all* the usb ports, none work after I enable this kernel flag. I currently have "USBBusFix=Yes" enabled as that is the only flag that enables the Lenovo EasyCamera and the other 3 USB ports. I've tried "EHCIAcquire=Yes" and EHCIHard=Yes" and both of those flags have no effect at all. I have the same BIOS version that is unlocked, but I haven't changed any of the advanced BIOS settings as I don't really know what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back