Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y510P (with mobile HD4600) graphic problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I did that (I think). Basically, the native SSDT's are 7 and I compared them to the patched ones and here are my notes:

SSDT-0 : Exist in patched but no major difference from native (not even patched)
SSDT-1 : Does not exist in patched (I have SSDT-1 in patched but for CPUPM)
SSDT-2 : Exist in patched with small differences from native
SSDT-3 : Does not exist in patched (I have SSDT-3 in patched but for disabling Optimus)
SSDT-4 : Exist in patched but no major difference from native (not even patched)
SSDT-5 : Exist in patched but no major difference from native (not even patched)
SSDT-6 : Exist in patched with major differences from native (mostly PNLF, HDAU, and IGPU patches)

I attached a pictures from DiffMerge for all the 5 comparable SSDT's (the pictures only shows the diffs). I'm also attaching the SSDT's that doesn't exist in my patched folder (SSDT-1 and SSDT-3) maybe you can help me figure if they are related to the problem.

Thanks.

SSDTs that end in "x" (from Clover extract) are dynamic and should not be included in the patched set in ACPI/patched.

Thanks for the info, this drops 3x (was not included),4x (included as is), and 5x (included as is). I will remove the latter two but what do you think I should do regarding SSDT-1 which is missing in my patched files?

Also do you suggest I diff DSDT's too? there will be loads of differences that will get me lost and I may not be able to take screenshots for all of them.

Thanks for the info, this drops 3x (was not included),4x (included as is), and 5x (included as is). I will remove the latter two but what do you think I should do regarding SSDT-1 which is missing in my patched files?

Also do you suggest I diff DSDT's too? there will be loads of differences that will get me lost and I may not be able to take screenshots for all of them.

SSDT-1 is CPU PM related.

If you want me to see diffs of your DSDT, post both patched and native.

SSDT-1 is CPU PM related.

If you want me to see diffs of your DSDT, post both patched and native.

I added SSDT-1 to my patched folder and attached both DSDT's (really thanks for this)

PS: every group of tables have been disassembled together using iasl.

Attachments

• DSDTs.zip
    71.3 KB · Views: 74
I added SSDT-1 to my patched folder

Not recommended. Read the guide carefully.

and attached both DSDT's (really thanks for this)

The diffs are typical. If you don't have an SSDT with IAOE, you'll need to do some patching of _PTS and _WAK. I see quite a few references to IAOE and sometimes the OEM doesn't include it defined anywhere.

Not recommended. Read the guide carefully.
Ops, I thought it completes another table. Would you tell me which guide you are referring to?

f you don't have an SSDT with IAOE, you'll need to do some patching of _PTS and _WAK. I see quite a few references to IAOE and sometimes the OEM doesn't include it defined anywhere.

I searched all the SSDT for IAOE but found no occurrence. Kindly please give me a head start about which patches for these methods?

Ops, I thought it completes another table. Would you tell me which guide you are referring to?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I searched all the SSDT for IAOE but found no occurrence. Kindly please give me a head start about which patches for these methods?

See my u430 patch repo (patches/iaoe.txt): https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

You may have to tweak it for your DSDT _PTS/_WAK specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back