H110M PRO-VD
CPU
i5-7400
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX550, HD Graphics 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, dear community!

I have a laptop Lenovo Y50-70 and some time ago successfully installed Sierra (not High), seems to be, using this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.232960/

Everything was working fine, I changed Wi-Fi to broadcom's one. I think sound was working fine natively, because I'm pretty sure that I didn't use VoodooHDA.kext. But now, I upgraded to Mojave (not beta) and completely lost sound. There is no sound device, no input in sound settings. Everything is fine, just except sound.

Everything I did is upgrade to Mojave, after that updated Clover, placed required kexts in "Other" folder - same as it was for Sierra, and placed same config.plist which, again, was used when Sierra.

I'm sorry that I do not provide any additional info. I just would like to ask, where should I start first, because I'm really afraid to crash my Mojave while trying to solve this problem.

Thank you!

Hello, dear community!

I have a laptop Lenovo Y50-70 and some time ago successfully installed Sierra (not High), seems to be, using this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.232960/

Everything was working fine, I changed Wi-Fi to broadcom's one. I think sound was working fine natively, because I'm pretty sure that I didn't use VoodooHDA.kext. But now, I upgraded to Mojave (not beta) and completely lost sound. There is no sound device, no input in sound settings. Everything is fine, just except sound.

Everything I did is upgrade to Mojave, after that updated Clover, placed required kexts in "Other" folder - same as it was for Sierra, and placed same config.plist which, again, was used when Sierra.

I'm sorry that I do not provide any additional info. I just would like to ask, where should I start first, because I'm really afraid to crash my Mojave while trying to solve this problem.

Thank you!

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

Make sure you follow all post install instructions here:

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Solved :) The problem was in EFI partition name, which was (I don't know why) "NO NAME" - yep, with space :) And install_downlods.sh script didn't work correctly because of that space)) So, I renamed partition and everything is fine now :)

Thank you for all your work, all your repositories and scripts! :)

Solved :) The problem was in EFI partition name, which was (I don't know why) "NO NAME" - yep, with space :) And install_downlods.sh script didn't work correctly because of that space)) So, I renamed partition and everything is fine now :)

Yeah, I should probably review all scripts for "spaces in paths" problems. But if you followed the Y50 guide from start to finish, your EFI would be named "EFI"...

Hi!. So you be able to fix audio problem at last?. Do you remember the process by steps to fix it?. Help will be appreciate!!!

Best regards

I think you need AppleALC since the old AppleHDA patch doesn't work ever since Apple removed several audio layouts in mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back