Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen
CPU
8650U
Graphics
UHD 620 2560x1440
I've had everything stable on High Sierra, when I've been able to boot/install using ig-platform-id 0x12345678 however trying to boot using different valid platform-id results in a panic.

Attachments

• debug_32672.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 204
I've had everything stable on High Sierra, when I've been able to boot/install using ig-platform-id 0x12345678 however trying to boot using different valid platform-id results in a panic.

Keep in mind that the framebuffer kexts for Skylake/KabyLake have changed and the 32MB DVMT-prealloc patch no longer works. Some other solution, likely Lilu.kext based, will need to be created.

Set DVMT-prealloc to 64MB, or use minStolenSize patch (see config_deprecated.plist in my laptop plist repo on github).

Keep in mind that the framebuffer kexts for Skylake/KabyLake have changed and the 32MB DVMT-prealloc patch no longer works. Some other solution, likely Lilu.kext based, will need to be created.

Set DVMT-prealloc to 64MB, or use minStolenSize patch (see config_deprecated.plist in my laptop plist repo on github).

I do have the patch in place in the config.plist, however i wasn't using the full path "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer" however that did not change anything either.

I do have the patch in place in the config.plist, however i wasn't using the full path "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer" however that did not change anything either.

If you have an issue, you must attach PR files as per FAQ.
Your previous ZIP lacks ioreg, and lacks verbose boot photo.

If you have an issue, you must attach PR files as per FAQ.
Your previous ZIP lacks ioreg, and lacks verbose boot photo.
Updated debug files with verbose photo's and ioreg

Attachments

• debug_23719.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 216
Updated debug files with verbose photo's and ioreg
missing clover folder from your upload

also your kexts you install, they should only be in /Library/Extensions, you should remove them from /System/Library/Extensions

missing clover folder from your upload

also your kexts you install, they should only be in /Library/Extensions, you should remove them from /System/Library/Extensions

Moved Kexts, and did a fresh debug dump (forgot to run xcode-select --install before running script). Verbose Photos in debug zip.

Attachments

• debug_26760.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 221
Moved Kexts, and did a fresh debug dump (forgot to run xcode-select --install before running script). Verbose Photos in debug zip.

You're using a version of Clover that injects AAPL,GfxYTile. I have found that injection to be problematic.

Just to update thread (no debug files attached as I'm reverting back to HS) updating Clover to 4587 https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases still was unable to boot without spoofing platform-id.
From your previous post of PR files, i see no fakepciid_intel_hd_graphics.kext installed.
Add it and also try my "MinStolenSize" patch instead of DVMT and see if you can boot.
You can find it here on my post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-changes-fixes-on-mojave.255823/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back