Contribute
Register

Lenovo W530 10.9.4 Graphics Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more ideas. We use 01660003 with that patch with ProBook/EliteBook. The ProBooks have HDMI and the EliteBooks have DP. It works there. Same SMBIOS, same ig-platform-id, same chipset, same graphics chip...

I am booting with 01660004, does it matter?

Well anyways, thank you so much for ALL your help!!!!!!!!!

I guess the issue is caused by the graphic card built in W530.

I tried boot the win7/8 with "Integrated Gr only", and miniDP/VGA didn't work.

However, my x230T can support the external monitor via DP with patched FB on 10.9.4. :banghead:

Never thought to ask about that as your profile indicates you don't have dual-GPUs.

However, my x230T can support the external monitor via DP with patched FB on 10.9.4. :banghead:

So that means that the Nvidia card on W530 drives the vga/DP video output? That is interesting!

Thanks for finding this out, I didn't think about testing it with Windows OS.

So that means that the Nvidia card on W530 drives the vga/DP video output? That is interesting!

Yes, if your profile had both video cards, I probably would have mentioned the possibility...

Exactly.

I even tried the "clamshell" method. Unfortunately, it didn't work either.

:beachball::beachball::beachball:

Exactly.

I even tried the "clamshell" method. Unfortunately, it didn't work either.

:beachball::beachball::beachball:

If the HDMI is hard-wired to nvidia, then no matter what you do, you will not have HDMI unless you also work on enabling the nvidia chip instead of just Intel.

Yes, the hdmi & dp ports are wired to the nvidia - vga is to the intel I believe. I had thought the w530 wasn't working, but I may give yosemite a try soon to see (the nvidia web drivers are at 343 for yosemite, it may support the quadra chip). Good stuff, I've been wanting to give the w530 a shot. Will try with clover soon.

Yes, the hdmi & dp ports are wired to the nvidia - vga is to the intel I believe. I had thought the w530 wasn't working, but I may give yosemite a try soon to see (the nvidia web drivers are at 343 for yosemite, it may support the quadra chip). Good stuff, I've been wanting to give the w530 a shot. Will try with clover soon.

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back