Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Tyler any luck with this rig? I am about to start on basically the same setup. Only dif is the cpu.
Pushing mountain lion off a flash drive. First boot looked good.. wanted to make sure video/mouse/keyboard worked. I would recommend having a USB mouse handy if you have not started yet. I will keep you posted. Trying to stuff a SSD in this case!

Agreed! Any changes I will update.

I was able to install ML (obtained from Apple) on my Lenovo U400 (Core i7). Everything works except the following 3 things:

1.Intel wireless card (heard that this card is not supported and will never be)
2. Bluetooth
3. Sleep

My installation works with or without DSDT, and I got Kernel Panic when using DSDT and removing NullCPUPM at the same time. I have also applied patches for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, removing NullCPUPM would end up KP too.

Installed SleepEnabler.kext won't put the laptop to sleep, the screen went blank but CPU and fans are still running, for a few moment, the laptop "wakes" and screen shows back the desktop windows.

Any idea to solve item 2 & 3 above is appreciated, thanks!

A thing to note was that, from the hardware monitor, my CPU only steps between multiplier x8 or x27 (seen the same from MSRDumper too) and at times, my CPU Core 1 & 2 temperatures reach beyond 70 degree celcius even though I ain't doing much activities. Any advice?

Cheers,

Hi yeeha, could you tell me what you have chosen with MultiBeast?

I have an Lenovo U400(i5 CPU), I use MBR mode to install Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
It works fine by booting from the USB stick which installs with UniBeast.

But when I use MultiBeast to install the boot loader, I got CPU panic, or stuck at something (may be cause by the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement).

I had tried using EasyBeast or with the DSDT, each time with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and NULLCPUPowerManagement are chosen.

Thanks in advance!

Any updates on a guide or how-to?

He never posted a guide (ebateman), if he had it would have saved me a LONG month of work...
Bought a Lenovo u400 on Ebay for $380, core i5, 6 gigs ram.
Searched the internets, bought the wifi adapter mentioned in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/81416-lenovo-ideapad-u400-2.html#post509023
Used the wife's Macbook (core2duo), unibeast, and purchased mountain lion. Put the downloaded drivers for the Wifi Adapter on the USB stick.
Used Disk Utility to format the ENTIRE disk to GPT, one partition. Could not get OSX to install mbr even with patches, could not Windows 7 to install on GPT. So, this is not a dual boot setup, just a macbook pro for a fraction of the cost.
Installed ML to the entire drive using my unibeast installer.
Attached PC via ethernet to my network to enter my Apple ID during setup, and booted. Used the unibeast stick to boot the ML drive.
Went through setup, entered my Apple ID, Installed the wifi drivers with the dongle plugged into one of the USB 2.0 ports.
Downloaded Google Chrome.
Downloaded Multibeast.
Ran Multibeast.
OPTIONS CHOSEN (checked) IN ORDER:
Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers > Miscellaneous > FakeSMC

The bootloader does not install, audio works for me, as do QE/CI, resolution is good, it's fast, but I have to boot from the mem stick everytime. The combo update is successful, xcode works, etc. Any questions feel free to ask.

Did you happen to get the multitouch to work on the U400? i have everything working but that but its a pretty important part of the experience :confused:

i tried several things to get multitouch working - but i did not manage to. Did you have a discrete graphic card and is it working on your configuration?

Did you happen to get the multitouch to work on the U400? i have everything working but that but its a pretty important part of the experience :confused:

What trackpad is in the laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back