Contribute
Register

Lenovo U310 - Mavericks Upgrade [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swapped out my HDD for an SSD and it makes a huge difference in speed. I have a mavericks backup/sandbox/play area on the 32Gb msata ssd and Mavericks/Win7 dualboot on main SSD
It really is a big difference and once you have had a taste its so painful to go back to an HDD. You get frustrated because it's sooo slow :banghead:

so, it works! I totally forgot that I used a patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext ! With the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext the SSDT works properly!

I have to use the GenericUSB otherwise the camera doesnt works and the usb3 ports accept no usb2 devices despite the DSDT patches. I don't know why!?

now speedstep works with the mba5,2 smbios. the APGM.kext and the X86PlatformPlugin are also loaded.

so, it works! I totally forgot that I used a patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext ! With the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext the SSDT works properly!

I have to use the GenericUSB otherwise the camera doesnt works and the usb3 ports accept no usb2 devices despite the DSDT patches. I don't know why!?

now speedstep works with the mba5,2 smbios. the APGM.kext and the X86PlatformPlugin are also loaded.
You don't have to use it. Start with a clean DSDT. Two patches required for USB "6-series USB" and "7-Series USB3 with Multiplex". It works. Camera, USB2 on USB3, Sleep, Card Reader.

Why did you use patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

You don't have to use it. Start with a clean DSDT. Two patches required for USB "6-series USB" and "7-Series USB3 with Multiplex". It works. Camera, USB2 on USB3, Sleep, Card Reader.

Why did you use patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

Hmm.... now work the USB patches also.... I think it had something to do with the AppleACPIPlatform....

I copied my kexts that i used in mountain lion .... :/

now all works perfect ! :)

Hmm.... now work the USB patches also.... I think it had something to do with the AppleACPIPlatform....

I copied my kexts that i used in mountain lion .... :/

now all works perfect ! :)

Good. Congrats :) Hopefully you dont have any other rollbacks that will sneak up on you..

Good. Congrats :) Hopefully you dont have any other rollbacks that will sneak up on you..

Thank You! :D

No, then I have checked all my *additional* kexts :)

"Upgrades" to my hack today:

Fixed the network delay not set error (boot spam), probably harmless but I'm not sure because wifi has seemed to drop off kind of frequently and I have had to reboot to get it going. I will continue to monitor it for the time being.

Set locale to 0x64 (FCC) for my AR9280, Windows 7, followed instruction from ikkoku's previous link in this thread.

What kind of P-states are those of you with an i5-3337u getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back