Contribute
Register

Lenovo U310 - Mavericks Upgrade [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the brightness slider in SysPrefs -> Displays exhibit the same behavior? Did you install ACPIBacklight.kext?

I did install ACPIBacklight.kext. I checked the brightness in syspref and it works fine with the mouse pointer, but once I use the F11 and F12 I get the same 3 keystroke allowance. And i get the keys working again when I move the slider with mouse only to have it stop working after 3-4 keypresses in either direction.

OK, here is the deal. Vanilla kext:

Hotkey mode:
F1, F2 and F3 change volume fine. F11 and F12 are not picked up by OSX and therefore cannot be mapped to anything. If you press them, the BIOS brightness is adjusted because OsX dousn't see those keys.
Legacy:
Fn+F1, Fn+F2, Fn+F3 change the volume. Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 are not picked up by OSX. This is the opposite of hot key mode obviously.

Realize that in *both* cases what you're really pressing (as far as the PS2 driver is concerned) is Fn+F1, Fn+F2, Fn+F3, Fn+F11, Fn+F12.

What my keyboard edit does is it maps it so F11 and 12 change the brightness in legacy mode (mapped to fn+f11 and fn+f12), and Fn+F1, Fn+F2, Fn+F3 is mapped to audio audio controls, where in legacy mode you don't need to hold down Fn and use F1, F2,f3.

You lose the capability to press F11, F12, F1, F2, and F3 because you've mapped these standard Fkeys to different ADB codes.

NOW: if you use my kext in hot key mode, f11 and F12 do nothing. You need to press fn+f11 and Fn+f12 to adjust brightness. Audio will work either way because that's how I mapped it, I did not switch the audio keys.

The Fn+(audio keys) work... that is they generate a unique scan code.

The other keys are actually available through ACPI. You might look at this, although this is even more difficult but may be worth it: https://github.com/Dolnor/IOWMIFamily

You lose the capability to press F11, F12, F1, F2, and F3 because you've mapped these standard Fkeys to different ADB codes.

This was my concern. I'll check out the link.

Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 are not picked up by OSX.

I understand now, [fn+f11] and [fn+12] do not generate an ADB code. :)

OT
Anyone have a good USB/Bluetooth/Wireless keyboard recommendation?

Requirements:
1. Not bouncy
2. Keys don't move to the side and get stuck while depressed

I understand now, [fn+f11] and [fn+12] do not generate an ADB code. :)

You meant "PS2 code". Any key that generates a scan code can be programmed to generate any ADB code.

Hi,

i want to use a mba5,2 smbios with a ssdt. i have build a smbios with chameleon wizard and generated a ssdt for my cpu. when the u310 boot as a mba with a ssdt the speed stepping doesn´t work. bdmesg writes that the ssdt has been loaded. could somebody help me !?

Here ist my IOReg copy. At the moment i use a MBP8,1 SMBios to use Speedstepping (with a SSDT!, that works!)

Attachments

• Jan’s MacBook Pro.zip
    381.1 KB · Views: 92
Here ist my IOReg copy. At the moment i use a MBP8,1 SMBios to use Speedstepping (with a SSDT!, that works!)

I need the ioreg when you're attempting to use MacBookAir5,x.

Rehabman, I just booted with XCPM, everything "seems" okay (Although I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's fun!). I've been curious about it and I thought I would see what I could figure out! (Pike's blog is infectious.) So I figured out how to boot with it, that was an achievement.

What kind of a difference will it make it terms of energy efficiency versus IvyBridgePM is it the same just moved into the kernel?

I'm guessing its really designed for Haswell to take advantage of FIVR somehow? Why isn't or wasn't it loading this automatically? Should it be loading and I haven't configured something correctly?

I ran a geek bench and I've been using it for about half an hour. AICPUPM.kext is not loaded. Does XCPM still require the custom SSDT?

I would like to see the iGPU states and also other information but I need to compile AICPUMI.kext from source (yeah I'm horrible about compiling things from source I really need to get over it)

Ive been sitting here watching the output of the log on DPCIManager for p-states;

11/5/13, 16:42:14, P States: 8, 14, 17, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 87

What is up with that 87?

Also occasionally I get these (**I get them under IvyPM too):
11/5/13, 16:34:01, P States: I/O error, throttling to 6Hz
Anything to be worried about?

Rehabman, I just booted with XCPM, everything "seems" okay (Although I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's fun!). I've been curious about it and I thought I would see what I could figure out! (Pike's blog is infectious.) So I figured out how to boot with it, that was an achievement.

What kind of a difference will it make it terms of energy efficiency versus IvyBridgePM is it the same just moved into the kernel?

I'm guessing its really designed for Haswell to take advantage of FIVR somehow? Why isn't or wasn't it loading this automatically? Should it be loading and I haven't configured something correctly?

I ran a geek bench and I've been using it for about half an hour. AICPUPM.kext is not loaded. Does XCPM still require the custom SSDT?

I would like to see the iGPU states and also other information but I need to compile AICPUMI.kext from source (yeah I'm horrible about compiling things from source I really need to get over it)

Ive been sitting here watching the output of the log on DPCIManager for p-states;

11/5/13, 16:42:14, P States: 8, 14, 17, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 87

What is up with that 87?

Also occasionally I get these (**I get them under IvyPM too):
11/5/13, 16:34:01, P States: I/O error, throttling to 6Hz
Anything to be worried about?

Is your BIOS patched to unlock the MSRs? What did you have to do to enable xcpm on Ivy?

And I'd be interested in seeing your ioreg with xcpm working...

I don't know if it requires the SSDT. You could try without...

The 87 is weird.

The 'throttling' thing is coming from DirectHw which DPCIManager uses to read direct from the CPU registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back