Contribute
Register

Lenovo U310 - Mavericks Upgrade [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey cwk9852, Thank you so much for the DSDT.aml, should I just overwrite my DSDT.aml with yours or should I use Multibeast to install my DSDT.aml? I have also attached my IOReg for your review. Everything seems working very well with my current DSDT.aml except for USB 3.0 and built-in bluetooth. Rehabman's trackpad fn is amazing but on a few occassions when every I start my U310 I get to the login screen with no mouse/trackpad functionality at all only Keyboard, but that isn't so bad. Also, my config can be found on the left pane of the post.

Thanks,

I wouldn't simply replace your DSDT with mine. I looked over your DSDT, you have the HPET fix but don't need it, XMYUKON reported that patch was giving him some issues earlier in this thread. The patches looked right the order of a few things in there were different from mine, you could test using my DSDT by renaming my DSDT to something like DSDT1.aml and putting it in the /Extra/ folder

Boot with the flag DSDT=DSDT1.aml and see what happens, if it doesn't load you've still got your own DSDT

You did it briefly lol

Yes but one learns from his mistakes lol. I need to roll back my Bluetooth but don't know where to get the file :(

EDIT: Does your AC charge LED light always stay on even on battery? Mine does and I'm using ac adapter fix.

I have one from 10.8.5 supplemental 1, but its version is listed as 4.1.7, the one on Mavericks is 4.2.

Do you want 4.1.7?

Sure, it's worth a try but I think 10.8.4 will fix it.

What about all that other stuff that is selected like network and FakeSMC do those matter? the only one I used was the network so I can have network and was waiting for a reply so i dont jack anything up.

Also how do we DSDT to patch them

DSDT Free

Deselect:
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party Sata
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop

Add:
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Laptop
Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0

This is all you need to boot, you will still need your boot flags for graphics until you patch your DSDT.

What about all that other stuff that is selected like network and FakeSMC do those matter? the only one I used was the network so I can have network and was waiting for a reply so i dont jack anything up.

Also how do we DSDT to patch them

FakeSMC is essential and you won't be able to boot without it
AppleRTC patch is recommended (possibly essential)

You can add AppleRTL8169 to the original list.

There is. You shouldn't use another person's DSDT. Patch your own with the patches listed on the first page in that order.

Thanks for your contribution XMYUKON, I already know best practice is to patch own dsdt, but I had a few posts with RehabMan and cwk9852 and my patched dadt didnt work, and rehabman checked it and said it looked good. i simply was requesting a preparched dsdt to see if it is a dsdt issue not loading or something else. Cwk9852's dsdt works exactly the same as my dsdt but no usb 3 still.

cwk9852 said:
I wouldn't simply replace your DSDT with mine. I looked over your DSDT, you have the HPET fix but don't need it, XMYUKON reported that patch was giving him some issues earlier in this thread. The patches looked right the order of a few things in there were different from mine, you could test using my DSDT by renaming my DSDT to something like DSDT1.aml and putting it in the /Extra/ folder

Boot with the flag DSDT=DSDT1.aml and see what happens, if it doesn't load you've still got your own DSDT

cwk9852, i will try the dsdt bootflag and will update you.

Thanks for your contribution XMYUKON, I already know best practice is to patch own dsdt, but I had a few posts with RehabMan and cwk9852 and my patched dadt didnt work, and rehabman checked it and said it looked good. i simply was requesting a preparched dsdt to see if it is a dsdt issue not loading or something else. Cwk9852's dsdt works exactly the same as my dsdt but no usb 3 still.

You should post your ioreg. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Sure, it's worth a try but I think 10.8.4 will fix it.
This is what I have.

Yes but one learns from his mistakes lol. I need to roll back my Bluetooth but don't know where to get the file :(

EDIT: Does your AC charge LED light always stay on even on battery? Mine does and I'm using ac adapter fix.
The led that looks like a battery is always on yes, but I don't think it is a bug. Its always on in every operating system I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back