Contribute
Register

Lenovo U310 - Mavericks Upgrade [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've got my lenovo U310 working almost perfectly, but I'm having a little trouble with the wifi. I removed the whitelist from my bios and added this card to my laptop. OS X recognizes the card and sees the networks, but when I try to connect to a network, the connection times out. I get this error in the console:
Code:
1/6/14 9:34:37.734 PM eapolclient[270]: en2 STOP
1/6/14 9:34:37.950 PM eapolclient[394]: en2 START uid 501 gid 20
Any clue as to why this is happening?

I'm starting to see lots of these in the console log... how did you fix it?
If you haven't fixed the network delay not set error yet I can let you know how to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

I've got my lenovo U310 working almost perfectly, but I'm having a little trouble with the wifi. I removed the whitelist from my bios and added this card to my laptop. OS X recognizes the card and sees the networks, but when I try to connect to a network, the connection times out. I get this error in the console:
Code:
1/6/14 9:34:37.734 PM eapolclient[270]: en2 STOP
1/6/14 9:34:37.950 PM eapolclient[394]: en2 START uid 501 gid 20
Any clue as to why this is happening?

Does the card work with Windows or Linux ?

I am just wanting to see if anyone has done the 10.9.1 upgrade and what should be expected? I read through what was changed and it doesn't seem to be anything that would affect my hack. Is it safe to go ahead and update through the app store?

I am just wanting to see if anyone has done the 10.9.1 upgrade and what should be expected? I read through what was changed and it doesn't seem to be anything that would affect my hack. Is it safe to go ahead and update through the app store?

Just an AppleHDA re-patch...

If you haven't fixed the network delay not set error yet I can let you know how to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the card work with Windows or Linux ?

The card works in both Windows 8 and LinuxMint, just not in OS X.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you please post the fix? thx

The card works in both Windows 8 and LinuxMint, just not in OS X.

I did a reinstall and now it's working. I think I had modified my IO80211Family.kext file, but I wanted to reinstall clean anyways since I had mucked a bunch of things up.

In trying to get iCloud and iMessage working, I seem to have completely obliterated my ethernet. It was showing up before in System Preferences -> Networks, but when I deleted all my network interfaces to get iCloud working (it now does) by reseting which port each network device was on, I lost the ability to re-add it. As far as I know, I can't get iMessage working without the ethernet sitting on eth0. Any ideas?

Ethernet is working again. I had to use AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext instead of the one provided in MultiBeast 6.1.0. I still can't get iMessage to work, even though the App Store and iCloud are both working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back