Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I am struggling to find any information regarding installing osx on this machine. I have found some stuff regarding D20 and S20 but nothing on the C20.

It's spacs are as follows

2 x Xeon x5667 3.06GHz
6 x 16GB DDR3 RAM
1 x Quadro 4000
2 x 256GB SSD
1 x 400GB PCI-e SSD
1 x 1TB HDD

If anyone has any idea where I can get started with this it would be appreciated.

Hey, I have the S20 up and running. Everything except audio [which I don't need because i use an audio interface] and ethernet [which I do need and am still figuring out].

How far have you gotten at all? Have you created your Unibeast install jump drive? Did the install fail? Whats happening?

Can I ask what boot options did you use to install El Capitan. I have S20 and can't get pass the network setup screen during the install phase. It just hangs or reboots. First copy-files phase went OK.

Hey, I have the S20 up and running. Everything except audio [which I don't need because i use an audio interface] and ethernet [which I do need and am still figuring out].

How far have you gotten at all? Have you created your Unibeast install jump drive? Did the install fail? Whats happening?

Sorry to bump you one more time. Can you please help with Lenovo S20 installation, any boot option tips? Tnx

Hey! Sorry about that, for some reason, my alerts weren't showing up.

What I did for mine, was to select like "No internet connection available" or something like that. Whichever option does not involve the use of your network card or any network connection in any way shape or form...

Hey! Sorry about that, for some reason, my alerts weren't showing up.

What I did for mine, was to select like "No internet connection available" or something like that. Whichever option does not involve the use of your network card or any network connection in any way shape or form...

LOL, great tip. Will try that. Tnx

No prob! Also, I'm still troubleshooting my network port. As in I would love to get it going with just the onboard network card without taking up one of the pic slots, so thats what I'm working on literally right now. I'm about to start from scratch and actually do a Yosemite install to see if that will allow me to install the unsigned kexts a little easier. SIP seems to really be making life difficult, but it could also be a combination of this machine and El Cap that just aren't playing nice. I'll keep the thread posted...

So I decided to go with just a simple usb ethernet adapter. With the actual proper drivers, its running golden!

I got the Sabrent NT-USB20 USB to Ethernet adapter and downloaded the ASIX drivers from here installed and all was great!

Hope this helps someone out there

Sooooo... Definitely had an I'm an idiot moment. The previous post still holds true, that product may be a rock solid solution for someone, but after having to trouble shoot another issue, I went into the bios and realized that the onboard ethernet was not enabled. So I turn it on and the BCM5722D [v2.3.6] that I'd installed loaded and worked perfectly. So just for anyone who is trying to troubleshoot ethernet in general or on a Lenovo S20, check your bios settings.

Post-install note: I've installed VoodooHDA-2.8.8, on-board sound card now works without any problems.

But still having problems with shutdown or restart not completing - I need to use soft power off. I have tried SMBIOS definitions MacPro3,1 iMac13,1 iMac14,1 iMac 14,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back