Contribute
Register

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Mavericks install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
thinkserver
CPU
i3
Graphics
evga
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, Ive been struggling for over a week trying to get Mavericks loaded on my Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 that was popular on slick deals a few weeks ago.
I just bought it about two weeks ago for a mackintosh to run a plex media server.

Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz
4GB DDR3 1600
Im running onboard graphics, and when running install in verbose mode, it goes through about 25 pages of install and gives the error

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=27c9a947 - 973D - 3B4F - 9894 - F19F8BAA84CB rd==uuid -s

Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

I am really interested in running Mavericks on a ts140. If any one has and feedback as to if this is possible it would be really appreciated.

@jfrazie
@jford,

I am waiting for mine because I am upgrading the PSU to at at least 550. Try using Haswell install.
Did you experience KP and restart?

Please note I have not updated my system yet. My new ThinkServer has Xeon3 1225V3.
I have not seen any successful hackintosh on Lenovo desktop. It is a pain maybe of locked up BIOS.
My Hack method is a possibility from what I had read so far. Lenovo does not even give you their MB specs.
Default BIOS set up by Lenovo allows you to install supported OS Win Server 2008 & 2012, Win 7, 8, 8.1, Linux Server, Solaris serve RHEL but not OS X. Therefore, cannot call Lenovo for support. We are on our own buddies. I will try and update this post if I am successful with full details. I will try both Chameleon & Clover only legacy.

Update:

I have successfully installed Mavericks 10.9.4 using Clover Boot loader. Method below:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html
Legacy method. Sound still no solution because ALC 662 is a tough nut to crack. HD4600 still only one monitor and still learning how to inject correct Intel AzulFB to have multiple monitor support. Right now HD4600 does not support multiple monitor yet. Plenty of solution out there but I am still learning to do it correctly.

thanks for the heads up on this server sofatiger51....did the clover installer....found a network kext for the network....and found a fix for the sound file.....one that I have used on my dell's....seems to work everytime so far....it was called 2746-voodooHDA-v2.8.4+Lion....installed it and have sound ....works awesome....thanks to you and Toni's excellent clover guide and the kexts he posted....mine had the 4400 video chip....so put a gt640 nvidia card in....worked great!!!!thanks much all...

Thanks, guys. Sofatiger51 and Turk 101: I have two specific questions that I will need your help.

(1) What network kext did you guy use? I tried to use AppleIntelE1000e.kext, but it did not work. Can you tell me what you guys used?

(2) And the other question is that I wasn't able to finish post-installation. I think I was able to format system drive's EFI partition and format it with DOS. I install clover on the partition with the option of "UEFI-capable system" and added network kext (which does not work) and "FakeSmc.kext." I did not know how to what and how to edit conflg.plist so left it untouched. When I reboot the computer without the clover installation usb key, the bios produces an error "operation system is missing." Would you mind sharing what you did after post installation?

I just purchased one of these and may try osx on it for a friend or use it for a whs2011 machine.

Any updates with 10.10.3?

Any tricks to get it up and working?
-=Mark=-

Things are working well with Yosemite but I wanted to make a dsdt file for the TS140 to solve a host of minor problems, to get HDMI sound working, for instance, and to get whatever sleep/hibernate options working. I managed to extract the dsdt.aml file from Ubuntu but when I put it into Maciasl and press compile, I am greeted with 99 errors. I am out of my depth. Anyone managed to figure out dsdt for this model?

I just got home todays, was out of town, and got mine already. It is hooked up and installing 10.10.3 fine so far.

Not sure if you can get sleep/hibernate to work as it is a server board and they aren't designed to use those modes.

I have no HDMI audio, in fact my board has only two display ports and one VGA port. Does yours have an HDMI?

I tried a DSDT once, but had no clues on what I needed to fix, if anything. I read somewhere that the install creates a DSDT from the BIOS without any mods. So if you don't mod the dsdt, it won't do anything it doesn't do already. Or did you modify the dsdt yourself and then get the errors?

Is it working on your TS140?

I just got home todays, was out of town, and got mine already. It is hooked up and installing 10.10.3 fine so far.

Not sure if you can get sleep/hibernate to work as it is a server board and they aren't designed to use those modes.

I have no HDMI audio, in fact my board has only two display ports and one VGA port. Does yours have an HDMI?

I tried a DSDT once, but had no clues on what I needed to fix, if anything. I read somewhere that the install creates a DSDT from the BIOS without any mods. So if you don't mod the dsdt, it won't do anything it doesn't do already. Or did you modify the dsdt yourself and then get the errors?
I used a terminal command in Ubuntu to extract dsdt.aml as the best suggested method by RehabMan in another thread, and then opened it up in Maciasl and then pressed compile. It was a bit discouraging reading other tutorials saying you probably won't get any errors and then seeing 99 of them! I need to find a way to get HDMI sound working. Frustrations. I can't even use my bluetooth keyboard to select Ubuntu from the Clover boot menu at boot, have to have a USB keyboard plugged in at boot. It's all a bit clunky but outside of no HDMI sound and hoping to get power saving working, everything else works well.

Mine just has VGA and two display ports, too. I got a display port to HDMI lead to hook it up to the television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back