Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to install Mojave using Clover on a Thinkpad T470.

Here are my specs :
i7 6600U 2,6 Ghz (skylake)
Intel HD 520 1Gb
1920 x 1080 screen
NVMe0 Samsung MZVLB512HAJQ-000L7 - 512 Gb

I've used the default config (the one for the T460, no luck with the T470 one) from this guide. So I managed to boot the the installer, but I run into troubles when trying to format my SSD, often making Disk Utility unresponsive with both APFS & HFS. I once managed to format the disk (by luck I suppose), started the install, but I got some kind of corruption / missing files problems during the second step of installation (booting the install volume on the SSD). The disk state seems OK, it was running Windows 10 before and I installed Ubuntu.

I then tried with an external USB 3 drive (dock + sata disk) formatted in APFS but the install volume didn't want to boot. Stopping near the beginning when looking the verbose log.

20200206_001-1000.jpg

I've also tried this EFI, close to my laptop specs (except the SSD), but it didn't work either. I've heard about patching DSDT/SSDTs but I think it's more for post-install issues.

So with my low Clover knowledge, I'm a bit stuck now. I won't mind some advices or help for this. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER-t470.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 45
I'm trying to install Mojave using Clover on a Thinkpad T470.

Here are my specs :
i7 6600U 2,6 Ghz (skylake)
Intel HD 520 1Gb
1920 x 1080 screen
NVMe0 Samsung MZVLB512HAJQ-000L7 - 512 Gb

I've used the default config (the one for the T460, no luck with the T470 one) from this guide. So I managed to boot the the installer, but I run into troubles when trying to format my SSD, often making Disk Utility unresponsive with both APFS & HFS. I once managed to format the disk (by luck I suppose), started the install, but I got some kind of corruption / missing files problems during the second step of installation (booting the install volume on the SSD). The disk state seems OK, it was running Windows 10 before and I installed Ubuntu.

I then tried with an external USB 3 drive (dock + sata disk) formatted in APFS but the install volume didn't want to boot. Stopping near the beginning when looking the verbose log.

View attachment 448616

I've also tried this EFI, close to my laptop specs (except the SSD), but it didn't work either. I've heard about patching DSDT/SSDTs but I think it's more for post-install issues.

So with my low Clover knowledge, I'm a bit stuck now. I won't mind some advices or help for this. Thanks in advance.
if you Samsung is the PM981 then you will need o replace that with compatible hardware

Hmm I think it will be Crucial P1 (less expensive, it seems to be compatible) or Samsung 970 evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back