Contribute
Register

Lenovo Thinkpad E580 : No HDMI (and no HDMI through Type-C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo m90q Tiny
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Lenovo Thinkpad E580 (i7-8550U, Intel UHD 620, 12GB Ram).

Hi,

Currently connecting anything to HDMI or to a Type-C to HDMI adapter makes no difference. The screen doesn't even blink, nor the monitor reconizes it is connected.

I must admit I don't know where to start.

Thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 90
  • ioreg.ioreg
    20.2 MB · Views: 144
To add : I am using the config provided for UHD 620 in the laptop guide, this is how I have got GPU acceleration working. However, as I said, no external ports working and I did try the patches for HDMI one by one. They make no difference except that sometimes the system simply reboot when I connect the HDMI cord.

Since then, I also switched from VoodooHDA to AppleHDA patched

It will be difficult for anyone to help if you don't attach the debug information ;-)

It will be difficult for anyone to help if you don't attach the debug information ;-)

I attached EFI & ioreg, what was missing ?

Your profile has no laptop hardware details... please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Indeed. I have more than one hackintosh, it's getting hard to keep them all in my profile.

I though I would not get any reply, I just gave up few hours ago, after trying pretty much everything in every guide, tried to fix HDMI Audio aswell, and I only kept failing.

2 results I had during my testing is wheter a port that does nothing, or an HDMI hotplug (reboot as soon as I plug HDMI in).

I have installed Linux and currently there is no chance I can go back. This laptop is brand new and I wanted to set it up as a Mac for work. I needed tomorow at work to be fully setup and working, so I went for Linux.

Any further replies in this thread will help the community who also owns this laptop.

I was totally clueless, would be great if next time I know where to look for

Indeed. I have more than one hackintosh, it's getting hard to keep them all in my profile.

As per FAQ, use the profile for the computer you're asking about, signature for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back