CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I tried installing El Capitan 10.11.4 on Lenovo Thinkpad E560. I got to the OS X installer with this guide and installed OS X.

Problems:
  • Unable to boot, either "kauth external resolver timed out" or black screen if injecting ati
  • Graphics Accerlation not working, do I have to set DVMT? Not possible due to locked bios
  • "Unsupported CPU"
Specs:
  • Intel Core i7 6500U
  • HD Graphics 520
  • AMD Radeon R7 M370

Do you have any idea how to fix the problems?
Will one (best two) of the gpus work?
Is it right to inject fake cpuid to support cpu? And if yes which?

Hello,

I tried installing El Capitan 10.11.4 on Lenovo Thinkpad E560. I got to the OS X installer with this guide and installed OS X.

Problems:
  • Unable to boot, either "kauth external resolver timed out" or black screen if injecting ati
  • Graphics Accerlation not working, do I have to set DVMT? Not possible due to locked bios
  • "Unsupported CPU"
Specs:
  • Intel Core i7 6500U
  • HD Graphics 520
  • AMD Radeon R7 M370

Do you have any idea how to fix the problems?
Will one (best two) of the gpus work?
Is it right to inject fake cpuid to support cpu? And if yes which?

With switched dual-GPU, you can use only Intel.

It is in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok, and how to solve the other problems?

So this means I have to wait till the hardware will be supported?

So this means I have to wait till the hardware will be supported?

Skylake already supported to some extent. Why are you under the impression that it is not?

And most ASUS machines can set DVMT-prealloc direct from BIOS, which makes life a bit easier...

Skylake already supported to some extent. Why are you under the impression that it is not?

And most ASUS machines can set DVMT-prealloc direct from BIOS, which makes life a bit easier...

Yes my ASUS laptop has this setting :)

Thinkpad E560:
I was wondering
  1. ...whether the "Unsupported CPU" can be removed, saw that Intel Core m7 6y75 is a similar model with hd 515 instead of 520 (also almost same)
  2. ...if the R7 M370 can be used with acceleration (I think card is a rebrand)

Yes my ASUS laptop has this setting :)

Then there should be no issue... you should be able to set it and follow the guide...

The Clover guide is linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thinkpad E560:
I was wondering
  1. ...whether the "Unsupported CPU" can be removed, saw that Intel Core m7 6y75 is a similar model with hd 515 instead of 520 (also almost same)

If you have a question regarding a different laptop, it must be in your profile/signature.

No idea what you're referring to with "unsupported CPU". The CPU in the ASUS laptop in your profile is supported.

Excude me,
the Asus laptop in my profile is already running El Capitan for a few months. I will update my profile soon to the thinkpad to avoid confusion.

Ok, now I updated my profile.
My questions:

I was wondering
  1. ...whether the "Unsupported CPU" can be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back