CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Hello,
my first post, reader since my first hackintosh with Mac OS 10.8 in 2010. Thanks for everything this community does! Long story short, got mad at Apple for my Macbook Pro GPU failure 15 days ago, declared vintage they won't fix it. Immediately replaced with this very nice Thinkpad laptop fully serviceable (ram, hard disks, batteries, etc). In 3 days of trials and errors following RehabMan excellent guides for what I am capable of I successfully installed Mojave, wich is running quite good. Except for the acceleration of UHD 620, wich doesn't work. I have probably made lot of mistakes but I suspect it is not supported at all. Can someone more expert give any help?

Thank you,
Luke

Attachments

• EFILUKE.zip
    24.4 MB · Views: 210
Hello,
my first post, reader since my first hackintosh with Mac OS 10.8 in 2010. Thanks for everything this community does! Long story short, got mad at Apple for my Macbook Pro GPU failure 15 days ago, declared vintage they won't fix it. Immediately replaced with this very nice Thinkpad laptop fully serviceable (ram, hard disks, batteries, etc). In 3 days of trials and errors following RehabMan excellent guides for what I am capable of I successfully installed Mojave, wich is running quite good. Except for the acceleration of UHD 620, wich doesn't work. I have probably made lot of mistakes but I suspect it is not supported at all. Can someone more expert give any help?

Thank you,
Luke
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello RehabMan,
thanks for your quick reply, I hasn't been able to boot clover F2+F4, sorry I have no idea how to do it. Tried a few times without success. I have attached the other things requested, hopefully rightly done!

Luke

Attachments

• EFILUKE2.zip
    3 MB · Views: 152
In 3 days of trials and errors following RehabMan excellent guides for what I am capable of I successfully installed Mojave, wich is running quite good. Except for the acceleration of UHD 620, wich doesn't work. I have probably made lot of mistakes but I suspect it is not supported at all. Can someone more expert give any help?

@luketype,

First make sure you have installed lilu + WhatEverGreen if you new to Lilu see this guide :-

I don't think there is a dedicated framebuffer for UHD 620 CFL IGPU which is probably why you have no IGPU acceleration so you may have to spoof it as UHD 630 (or use a non valid fake id) this post seems to have been successful:-

Coffee Lake UHD 620/630 IGPU in solo configuration is proving to be problematic for many users, however @CaseySJ has made a lot of progress helping users with patching the CFL UHD 630 IGPU frame buffers.

See his thread here :-

Don't be put off by the title (Black Screen), pretty sure Lilu + WhatEverGreen with the correct frame buffer patches should get things working for you.

You need to supply full problem reporting files as per the guide rehabman linked you with, to save pre-boot log and ACPI tables .... when at the clover menu simply press the F2 key .. wait a few seconds then press the F4 key wait a few more seconds then boot MacOS.

Then run the script (gen_debug.sh) to generate the PR Files.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, Jay! Will try the F2 F4 thing again.

Luke

Cool! I hope everything is in here now! Thanks a lot Jay, didn't knew the F2 F4 boot trick!

Attachments

• debug_26528.zip
    3 MB · Views: 134
Cool! I hope everything is in here now! Thanks a lot Jay, didn't knew the F2 F4 boot trick!
No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

Sorry RehabMan, I appreciate your patience. Everything I am doing is very new to me and I am not a programmer, so I loose bits and pieces during the process. Nonetheless very interesting and fascinating stuff. You guys are like modern magicians!

Attachments

• luke’s MacBook Pro.zip
    581.7 KB · Views: 125
Sorry RehabMan, I appreciate your patience. Everything I am doing is very new to me and I am not a programmer, so I loose bits and pieces during the process. Nonetheless very interesting and fascinating stuff. You guys are like modern magicians!

Your IGPU is 0x3ea0. No direct support.
You will need to inject a fake device-id to spoof either as KBL or SKL.
Refer to guide plists for examples/ideas:

Thanks a lot RehabMan,
I am trying the different config.plist files from your archive

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/archive/master.zip

but the only one booting without problem on my laptop is the config_UHD630.plist. I will try to edit it for what I can be capable of. I think should follow this guide:

I will try and report back here.

Thanks again for your help,

Luke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back