Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I intend to hack this machine to run Mac OSX. Please advise if the parts are going to have an issue.

Lenovo ThinkCentre M82
i7-3770
16GB RAM
240GB Intel SSD
500GB HDD
AMD HD7450 1GB
DVDR-DL ODD
Display Port Output to Dell P2214H

Thanks for the help!

Hi all,

I intend to hack this machine to run Mac OSX. Please advise if the parts are going to have an issue.

Lenovo ThinkCentre M82
i7-3770
16GB RAM
240GB Intel SSD
500GB HDD
AMD HD7450 1GB
DVDR-DL ODD
Display Port Output to Dell P2214H

Thanks for the help!

You might get this running - but you are the only one to have ever asked. A lot will depend on setting up the bios and getting 10.8.5 or 10.9.1 running. Its always worth trying , sometimes just because it will be hard to do.

Good Luck

Adrian B

How did this go?

I have the same machine and I would like to try MacOSX on it.

Thanks!
Matt

I just got on ebay an M83, and i will be trying to make it work. Well, i will make it work, the question is how far will i be able to get.

I will open a new thread once i get the machine working. In the mean time there's a thread where i will be asking and posting the small steps made.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...vo-thinkcentre-m83-plase-help.html#post789390

M82 is ivy bridge but probably lot of the workarounds i will find will work for you too...

For the record, my Thinkcentre M83 is working 95% (all works but sound, and im sure it can be fixed)

It's been surprisingly easy to get it working, so i'd advise you to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back