i5-4690K
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After much perseverance I managed to get Mavericks installed and booting from Unibeast stick.
This T61 version has Intel GMA X3100 (groan).
I've used the Unibeast and multibeast methods on several desktops and osx versions with success but have reached a road block.
Could do with some ideas fighting this install (I boot from the Unibeast stick with GraphicsEnabler=Yes "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32"
Wifi is working, sound is working, expected to have graphics problems.
1) Multi-beast install seems to hang so can't complete
2) Some screen ghosting and random windows appear very small and transparent - repeated closing/opening windows seems to fix this
3) Safari never seems to load a complete web page
4) Downloaded kextutility for Mavericks to install x3100 drivers and hit most frustrating problem
5) kext utility and kext beast both ask for password permission for launch/installation and password entry fails. I know I have the right password because it's the only one I've used for the initial install and additional admin user I created. Neither work. Have read this maybe keychain issue but getting fed up of wobbling window while trying to sort out kext and finding definitive resolution to this problem.
Any ideas, post links greatly appreciated.
Stew

After much perseverance I managed to get Mavericks installed and booting from Unibeast stick.
This T61 version has Intel GMA X3100 (groan).
I've used the Unibeast and multibeast methods on several desktops and osx versions with success but have reached a road block.
Could do with some ideas fighting this install (I boot from the Unibeast stick with GraphicsEnabler=Yes "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32"
Wifi is working, sound is working, expected to have graphics problems.
1) Multi-beast install seems to hang so can't complete
2) Some screen ghosting and random windows appear very small and transparent - repeated closing/opening windows seems to fix this
3) Safari never seems to load a complete web page
4) Downloaded kextutility for Mavericks to install x3100 drivers and hit most frustrating problem
5) kext utility and kext beast both ask for password permission for launch/installation and password entry fails. I know I have the right password because it's the only one I've used for the initial install and additional admin user I created. Neither work. Have read this maybe keychain issue but getting fed up of wobbling window while trying to sort out kext and finding definitive resolution to this problem.
Any ideas, post links greatly appreciated.
Stew

GMA X3100 is only available in 32-bit with Snow Leopard (maybe Lion too... don't know haven't checked). Since, ML and Mavericks are 64-bit only, there is no X3100 support, so your video device is unsupported without a way to install the 32-bit drivers (because the kernel is 64-bit only).

Thanks for response - I've been reading about limited success with re-compiled 64-bit drivers but not looking for QI/QC performance, basics would be OK as I'm going to use this for music recording.

Real frustration is not knowing how to get round the password issue.
Don't know much about keychain want to avoid re-build as it took ages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back