i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I initially installed High Sierra on an APFS formatted drive and noticed that the system was a bit sluggish. I decided to re-install the OS again following @Sniki guide for this laptop model using a HFS+J formatted drive. I followed the instructions to the tee but for some reason, there are multiple things not functioning after installation.

1) Audio - no input/output options
2) Brightness buttons not functioning
3) Trackpad options not showing in System Preferences.
4) Eject button in menu bar does not show any disks when external drives are plugged in.

I have installed all the required kexts in /S/L/E folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • debug_2649.zip
    546.8 KB · Views: 49
I initially installed High Sierra on an APFS formatted drive and noticed that the system was a bit sluggish. I decided to re-install the OS again following @Sniki guide for this laptop model using a HFS+J formatted drive. I followed the instructions to the tee but for some reason, there are multiple things not functioning after installation.

1) Audio - no input/output options
2) Brightness buttons not functioning
3) Trackpad options not showing in System Preferences.
4) Eject button in menu bar does not show any disks when external drives are plugged in.

I have installed all the required kexts in /S/L/E folder.

SSDT-L440.aml fails to load as it refers to non-existing scopes.
One example: It tries to inject some things in scope _SB.PCI0.EH01.
Native ACPI uses _SB.PCI0.EHC1.
There is no patch in config.plist to rename EHC1->EH01.

SSDT-L440.aml fails to load as it refers to non-existing scopes.
One example: It tries to inject some things in scope _SB.PCI0.EH01.
Native ACPI uses _SB.PCI0.EHC1.
There is no patch in config.plist to rename EHC1->EH01.

I have disabled EHC1 and EHC2 in BIOS as per the guide.

I have managed to fix 1 and 2 by compiling all the dsl files individually. I have enabled EHC1 and EHC2 in BIOS and have left the SSDT-DISABLE_ECHI file in the patched folder. As for 3, when I load Trackpad option in Preferences, it shows "No trackpad found". I am using the latest VoodooPS2Controller from your repo.

I have disabled EHC1 and EHC2 in BIOS as per the guide.

Yes, it is easy to see that in ioreg.
But then why are you trying to inject code into EH01/EH02?
You can inject that code, but you will need the EHC1/EHC2 renames.
You cannot expect to inject code into a non-existing scope.

I have used all the files that were posted in the guide without making any changes to it. I assumed that since @Sniki and I had identical system, it would just be a matter of copying the files he posted in place and it would be it.

For the trackpad, I have tried VoodooPS2Controller from your repo and I tried TLUCK's version but none seems to be working.

I have used all the files that were posted in the guide without making any changes to it. I assumed that since @Sniki and I had identical system, it would just be a matter of copying the files he posted in place and it would be it.

If there is an error in the guide or related files, you should report it to the guide author.

For the trackpad, I have tried VoodooPS2Controller from your repo and I tried TLUCK's version but none seems to be working.

Your profile has no laptop hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I have installed all kexts in S/L/E. I used a kext utility (KCMP Utility) to install the kexts. When I open the Trackpad Preferences, it shows "No trackpad found".

I just ran sudo kextcache -i / again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back