Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad Y500

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone had any success yet? been trying for a year now this is so frustrating for such a powerful laptop. thanks!

Are you going to install both ML and Mavericks?

any OS which is working on this machine, don't mind ML either.

Mavericks and ML are very similar and the process for installing is likely identical.

But there is no information in your profile on your hardware specifications.

If you're going to install Mavericks, post in the Mavericks Laptop forum, not here.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Dear Everybody,

I was following some threads about Y500 and OSX and I would like to get this thing going.

I'm using Clover bootloader and I have even extracted the DSDT and SSDTs from my system and tried to fix the problems it had and boot with. The error messages were gone, but still my laptop couldn't even boot the installer.

Here's my unedited DSDT extracted from Window 8.1 x64 with two GT650M and a screenshot about the error message, which occours during booting up the install disk.

I hope at least someone can give me some advice how to start with DSDT editing and as it was mentioned before disable some controllers in order to be able to boot OSX

I was trying both 10.9 and 10.10 with the same error message.

Your help is appreciated,
PanzerSajt

Dear Everybody,

I was following some threads about Y500 and OSX and I would like to get this thing going.

I'm using Clover bootloader and I have even extracted the DSDT and SSDTs from my system and tried to fix the problems it had and boot with. The error messages were gone, but still my laptop couldn't even boot the installer.

Here's my unedited DSDT extracted from Window 8.1 x64 with two GT650M and a screenshot about the error message, which occours during booting up the install disk.

I hope at least someone can give me some advice how to start with DSDT editing and as it was mentioned before disable some controllers in order to be able to boot OSX

I was trying both 10.9 and 10.10 with the same error message.

Your help is appreciated,
PanzerSajt

Do you have only nvidia or both nvidia+Intel (optimus)?

No idea without the "error message"...

Do you have only nvidia or both nvidia+Intel (optimus)?

No idea without the "error message"...

IGP is disabled in HW.

I've managed to patch the UEFI to get a slightly better result where at least the CPU gets recognised but the last message from the kernel is:
"AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT : Sep 19 2014 xx:xx:xx)
and then fans start to blow at 100% percent and screen goes black, then the whole machine reboots.

IMG_5016.JPG

The previous message:
IMG_3946.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5016.JPG
    IMG_5016.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5016.JPG
    IMG_5016.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 150
Second photo indicates an APCI problem (eg. problem with DSDT or one of the SSDTs.)

I have no idea how to make your nvidia work (I don't have any nvidia hardware). You might do some google searching...

Any luck with this project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back