Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U430 - Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works pretty well (other than Lenovo's Wifi whitelist), but is there a way to use a three finger swipe on the touchpad to move spaces? (or at least map a three finger swipe to the shortcut to move spaces)

This works pretty well (other than Lenovo's Wifi whitelist), but is there a way to use a three finger swipe on the touchpad to move spaces? (or at least map a three finger swipe to the shortcut to move spaces)

Yes, configure it in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts. Where you normally would type a key, do the swipe instead.

Yes, configure it in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts. Where you normally would type a key, do the swipe instead.

Thanks, I never realized that. Now that Yosemite is officially released, would it be better to wait for updated kexts or can I do a straight update on top of Mavericks?

Thanks, I never realized that. Now that Yosemite is officially released, would it be better to wait for updated kexts or can I do a straight update on top of Mavericks?

It will require updated kexts... I'm kind of waiting to see if they release an "official" new xcode today.

It will require updated kexts... I'm kind of waiting to see if they release an "official" new xcode today.

Note: New kexts are up. Also note: I haven't installed final Yosemite on this laptop yet.

Hi, I installed Yosemite successfully today. Works like a charm!
Rehabman, thanks for your updated kexts (WOW that was fast :)). Everything's fine, as I can see.
Only one question left. The glitches at login screen - is this a specific Apple Intel HD4000 (4400/4600) kext problem? I get this nowhere else except for 1-2 seconds before the login screen after booting. Nothing to worry about, but I'm curios if this is solvable?!

# kylec - answer awaits moderation, placed in a link for you (short answer is yes but with voodoohda (little things to do for using it))

# all - I forgot to mention: coolest feature in yosemite is, that my touchscreen now works out of the box!!!

Last edited:
Rehabman, thanks for your updated kexts (WOW that was fast :)). Everything's fine, as I can see.
Only one question left. The glitches at login screen - is this a specific Apple Intel HD4000 (4400/4600) kext problem? I get this nowhere else except for 1-2 seconds before the login screen after booting. Nothing to worry about, but I'm curios if this is solvable?!

There might be a solution. Haven't had time to test it...

I also haven't tested HDMI-audio (the patch may need to be updated for the new graphics kexts).

# kylec - answer awaits moderation, placed in a link for you (short answer is yes but with voodoohda (little things to do for using it))

# all - I forgot to mention: coolest feature in yosemite is, that my touchscreen now works out of the box!!!

Did you do a clean install or did you update directly on top of Mavericks?

Did you do a clean install or did you update directly on top of Mavericks?

With Public Beta 4 (or was it 3) I did a clean install. But I switched back to Mavericks, because I wasn't happy with the performance. This time with the final version I did an update on top of (the relatively fresh) copy of Mavericks 10.9.5. For me there weren't any problems - but first I set the boot arg "kext-dev-mode=1" in clover config.plist - Yosemite only allows signed kexts - with this setting all kexts are allowed (like in all other OS X versions before). Important especially for FakeSMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back