Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,
Yes, I did forget to apply that patch; it was giving an error, but now it worked in the dsdt, and it is working.
Thanks a lot for your help, now everything seems to work properly (fingers crossed).

:D

Hi Rehabman,
Yes, I did forget to apply that patch; it was giving an error, but now it worked in the dsdt, and it is working.
Thanks a lot for your help, now everything seems to work properly (fingers crossed).

:D

Sometimes trackpad disables if you press the print screen button on your keyboard. test it out and see if that's your problem you simply press it again to re-enable the mouse. Happen to me on mavericks when I used to miss the delete button and finally figured out what it was.

Sometimes trackpad disables if you press the print screen button on your keyboard. test it out and see if that's your problem you simply press it again to re-enable the mouse. Happen to me on mavericks when I used to miss the delete button and finally figured out what it was.

That is the touchpad disable/enable toggle key...

It is a little more obvious on the ProBooks as the trackpad has an LED that lights up when it is disabled.

@jdubb: Thanks! I think that actually might have been what was causing it.

@Rehabman: I actually think power management is not working properly on my system. In the IOReg, it shows that the right files are loaded, right? I have an ssdt and smbios for Macbookair 5,2 as per the thread you linked earlier, since my processer ends in a U. It seemed that it did work since the x86platform loads, as well as the power management kexts. However, I only get PState 8, and the system is slower under even a slight load. I have attached my IOReg file, would you mind taking a quick look at it?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• v8558 Newest IOREG.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
@Rehabman: I actually think power management is not working properly on my system. In the IOReg, it shows that the right files are loaded, right? I have an ssdt and smbios for Macbookair 5,2 as per the thread you linked earlier, since my processer ends in a U. It seemed that it did work since the x86platform loads, as well as the power management kexts. However, I only get PState 8, and the system is slower under even a slight load. I have attached my IOReg file, would you mind taking a quick look at it?

Thanks for your help!

Your SSDT is probably incorrect.

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic. Install it to /usr/bin.

In terminal,
Code:
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hi RehabMan,
I have attached the files you asked for.
Thanks!

Attachments

• RehabMan v8558 u410.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 108
  • v8558 U410 24 October.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
Hi RehabMan,
I have attached the files you asked for.
Thanks!

You should regenerate your SSDT with "ivy workaround" 1 (-w 1 or -w 3).

Please note: Your profile is inaccurate.

Hello,
I tried using both ivy workarounds (1 and 3). However, I received a kernel panic related to the CPUPowermanagement both times. I did patch the AICUPM in multibeast initially, using the Multibeast for Yosemite. Is that correct? Is there a reason why I would be getting KPs for the workaround SSDT?
Thanks for your help.

Hello,
I tried using both ivy workarounds (1 and 3). However, I received a kernel panic related to the CPUPowermanagement both times. I did patch the AICUPM in multibeast initially, using the Multibeast for Yosemite. Is that correct? Is there a reason why I would be getting KPs for the workaround SSDT?
Thanks for your help.

There are certain panics that happen with i3 CPU and MacBookAir smbios (it probably as to do with the fact that MacBookAir does not ship with an i3). There are also panics that are caused by not using DropSSDT=Yes. And there is the panic where patched AICPUPM is not installed.

I can't say which one you had based on your description "getting KPs"...

Sorry about the confusion, I updated my profile, I apologize for it being not up to date. My laptop is an IdeaPad U410 with the Core i5 3317U processor. I think the smbios of MacbookAir5,2 would work for that? I am using DropSSDT=yes, and the AICPUPM kext is installed, and was patched using multibeast for yosemite. The machine gives an error about P-states in the KP. I can attach a picture if it would be helpful.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back