Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if I don't know anyone with a Mac? Is there any other solution to getting a start up file on my USB?

OK I got almost everything working, here's a little step-by-step guide:
1) download the file in the first post
2) install dsdt.aml and chimera via multibeast
3) install the kexts
4) copy the content of the Extra folder in the Extra folder created in the root of your hard drive when installing chimera
5) reboot in unibeast again, disk utility, deactivate your mac partition, use macman's method to fix boot0 error, reactivate partition, reboot
6) get the webcam working (see first post)
7) i had to reinstall drivers -> network -> realtek gigabit ethernet from multibeast

Now I have to try to get multitouch, wifi and bluetooth working, can someone help me?

Am I right in thinking you do all this AFTER installing ML?? ....im so sorry...:oops:

Am I right in thinking you do all this AFTER installing ML?? ....im so sorry...:oops:
obviously. install mountain lion using unibeast usb, reboot, enter mountain lion and follow my guide

I got the wireless card working both before and after sleep. Basically I inject ID in Info.plist file inside the wireless kext instead in DSDT, you probably wanna try this way.

And have found solution for that USB3.0 problem? It make me insane that either 3.0 or easyCamera work, but not both. Thx.

using the fix explained by original poster I got either camera AND usb3 working!
btw, can you post your file? It would be awesome to get wifi working! :D

obviously. install mountain lion using unibeast usb, reboot, enter mountain lion and follow my guide

Thanks again,:clap:

I now have it (ml) installed and running :headbang::D. Now as i use it to DJ i do not need the wifi/bluetooth/sound. But i would like the USB 3 (or even as normal USB) working and also to work out how to get it to boot from HDD...I mean can get it to boot from HDD but the keyboard & mouse wont respond??:banghead::crazy:,I got round the Sleep issue by disabling it in ML ( I do not want my M(h)AC sleeping halfway through a performance lol):lol:

Again Thanks :thumbup:

i have either usb and usb3 working, what's the problem in you pc?

i have either usb and usb3 working, what's the problem in you pc?

My Problems are:

1= No WiFi (not a major issue but i suppose it would be good to update DJ software)

2= No USB 3 (right sided USB Ports on U410 not working would be happy if they worked..even as USB 2)

3= No boot from HDD (if it does boot from HDD my M&K does not respond-only works if i boot from USB Stick) this one i would really like to sort!!

My Problems are:

1= No WiFi (not a major issue but i suppose it would be good to update DJ software)

2= No USB 3 (right sided USB Ports on U410 not working would be happy if they worked..even as USB 2)

3= No boot from HDD (if it does boot from HDD my M&K does not respond-only works if i boot from USB Stick) this one i would really like to sort!!

1) i don't have wifi too, i am waiting for lisai to explain how to get it working
2) follow the guide in the first post, doing that i got usb3 and webcam working. usb2 works natively
3) i don't understand, you have chimera working but if you boot you don't have mouse and keyboard working?! i have just connected my usb mouse and it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back