Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8B75-M LX
CPU
i5-3550
Graphics
RX 570
Hi, this is my new laptop that I wanted to format and reinstall with Mojave or Catalina:

Lenovo - IdeaPad S145, Model 81MV00DYIX
CPU: 8th Gen Intel® Core i3-8145U @ 2.10GHz
GPU:Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Motherboard: LNVNB161216
RAM: DDR4 SDRAM 8 GB
HDD: Samsung 256 GB SSD
---

I've followed a lot of guides here, including main one by Rehabman ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ ). I only have FakeSMC.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. I just want to reach the macos Install menu for now, but there is not way.

The verbose boot always stops here:

ideapad-s145.jpg

and all the BIOS settings have been disabled as needed. Same issue by using clover 4934 and 5070.

I'm using UEFI only. ( If I use Legacy boot, clover is not showing and I instead get the EFI screen with text menu )

It seems that USB can't start to boot from the root device, but I do not see any error or message pointing to that. Just stucks at above screen.

Anyone can help me to troubleshoot this?

Thank you!
Mauro

Hi, this is my new laptop that I wanted to format and reinstall with Mojave or Catalina:

Lenovo - IdeaPad S145, Model 81MV00DYIX
CPU: 8th Gen Intel® Core i3-8145U @ 2.10GHz
GPU:Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Motherboard: LNVNB161216
RAM: DDR4 SDRAM 8 GB
HDD: Samsung 256 GB SSD
---

I've followed a lot of guides here, including main one by Rehabman ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ ). I only have FakeSMC.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. I just want to reach the macos Install menu for now, but there is not way.

The verbose boot always stops here:

View attachment 431686

and all the BIOS settings have been disabled as needed. Same issue by using clover 4934 and 5070.

I'm using UEFI only. ( If I use Legacy boot, clover is not showing and I instead get the EFI screen with text menu )

It seems that USB can't start to boot from the root device, but I do not see any error or message pointing to that. Just stucks at above screen.

Anyone can help me to troubleshoot this?

Thank you!
Mauro
zip and upload your clover folder

zip and upload your clover folder

Attached EFI.zip

Also, to complete the info, here is what I changed in BIOS:

Secure Boot = DISABLED
Intel Virtual Technology = DISABLED
Intel Platform Trust Technology = DISABLED
Intel SGX = DISABLED
Boot Mode = UEFI
USB Boot = ENABLED

Also, I have added Lilu, Whatevergreen and USBInjectAll (taken from their the official github repos), no change.
Here is an updated screenshot (replaced VirtualSMC with FakeSMC v1800, taken from Rehabman), no change.

Thank you for your help... I'm giving up after 24 hours without interruption, need to take a couple of hours to regenerate then will check back... o_O

ideapad-s145.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 286
Attached EFI.zip

Also, to complete the info, here is what I changed in BIOS:

Secure Boot = DISABLED
Intel Virtual Technology = DISABLED
Intel Platform Trust Technology = DISABLED
Intel SGX = DISABLED
Boot Mode = UEFI
USB Boot = ENABLED

Also, I have added Lilu, Whatevergreen and USBInjectAll (taken from their the official github repos), no change.
Here is an updated screenshot (replaced VirtualSMC with FakeSMC v1800, taken from Rehabman), no change.

Thank you for your help... I'm giving up after 24 hours without interruption, need to take a couple of hours to regenerate then will check back... o_O

View attachment 431709
config.plist is not per guide

config.plist is not per guide

Do you mean that DSDT is missing? Or some patch is missing?

I did some progress by using a DSDT.aml from another forum, but is it for Lenovo IdeaPad 320S 14IKB. With my laptop I have a lot of ACPI errors (AE_NOT_FOUND), but at least it can pass over the above stuck point. Now, it is stuck on "Still waiting for root device".

Do I need to generate a specific DSDT for my lenovo? How to do that?

I attach a screenshot and new EFI folder...

new-ideapad-s145.jpg

Attachments

• EFI2.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 283
Do you mean that DSDT is missing? Or some patch is missing?

I did some progress by using a DSDT.aml from another forum, but is it for Lenovo IdeaPad 320S 14IKB. With my laptop I have a lot of ACPI errors (AE_NOT_FOUND), but at least it can pass over the above stuck point. Now, it is stuck on "Still waiting for root device".

Do I need to generate a specific DSDT for my lenovo? How to do that?

I attach a screenshot and new EFI folder...

View attachment 431777
no, i mean your config.plist is not per guide:

Yes, but all the config.plist files suggested by RebahMan in that guide didn't help, I'm sorry.

Anyway this thread can be closed as I have resolved both the "installer stucks on logo" and "waiting for root device" issues by using a specific DSDT.aml and config.plist files provided by kuarahy in this thread:

I will create a new topic specific for my new laptop as soon as I get a fully installed Mojave or Catalina system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back