Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced that the ioreg you provided was captured after booting with the EFI/Clover folder you provided.

Please do humour me; if the ioreg output was in fact generated after the DSDT was patched and loaded, do you have any ideas about what might be the case?

You're right that the HDEF does not reflect the correct device ID, that is simply because the DSDT does not remain patched after rebooting that is the part I can't figure out..

Please do humour me; if the ioreg output was in fact generated after the DSDT was patched and loaded, do you have any ideas about what might be the case?

You're right that the HDEF does not reflect the correct device ID, that is simply because the DSDT does not remain patched after rebooting that is the part I can't figure out..

Some problems:
- DSDT from patchmatic -extract output is not the same as the one in ACPI/patched
- implies that you're not booting from the EFI folder you think you are or Clover is messing with your DSDT
- you have SSDTs in ACPI/patched, but DropOem=false (you must use DropOem=true to provide patched SSDTs)
- something suspicious in bootlog?
Code:
8:512  0:000     drop _DSM mask=0xFFFF
- try setting DropOEM_DSM=false

Other strangeness:
- you have HwMonitor.app in Clover/kexts/Other. HwMonitor.app is not a kext.

Some problems:
- DSDT from patchmatic -extract output is not the same as the one in ACPI/patched
- implies that you're not booting from the EFI folder you think you are or Clover is messing with your DSDT
- you have SSDTs in ACPI/patched, but DropOem=false (you must use DropOem=true to provide patched SSDTs)
- something suspicious in bootlog?
Code:
8:512  0:000     drop _DSM mask=0xFFFF
- try setting DropOEM_DSM=false

Other strangeness:
- you have HwMonitor.app in Clover/kexts/Other. HwMonitor.app is not a kext.

I removed the SSDTs from the EFI partition as a test and with a reboot the sound now works! Thanks for the advice. HDMI out doesn't work but I assume that simply requires more DSDT patching. I do want to maintain the usage of the SSDTs, I saw in another thread, you had tried using yours as vanilla as possible but simply correcting any errors present before compiling.

If I wish to do so as well I need only change the DropOem key in my DSDT to "true"?

I removed the SSDTs from the EFI partition as a test and with a reboot the sound now works! Thanks for the advice. HDMI out doesn't work but I assume that simply requires more DSDT patching. I do want to maintain the usage of the SSDTs, I saw in another thread, you had tried using yours as vanilla as possible but simply correcting any errors present before compiling.

If I wish to do so as well I need only change the DropOem key in my DSDT to "true"?

DSDT/SSDT patching is covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hi everyone, greetings from Germany!

So this is my first post. I also own the Lenovo Ideapad flex 15 and have everything up and running exept sound and wifi, but i orderd a new compatible card . I would be thankful if you could help me a bit to get the sound to work!

Can you tell me how you managed it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, greetings from Germany!

So this is my first post. I also own the Lenovo Ideapad flex 15 and have everything up and running exept sound and wifi, but i orderd a new compatible card . I would be thankful if you could help me a bit to get the sound to work!

Can you tell me how you managed it?

Thanks in advance!

Are you familiar with DSDT/SSDT patching? If not, read up on it. You'll need to change some device ID values.. I'd read through this entire thread as well. It'll save you a lot of time. I had RehabMan's help to get my sound sorted. Also you mentioned that you are buying a compatible WLAN card. You should know that your laptop has a Whitelist that will prevent booting if incompatible hardware is found on the board when the BIOS boots. None of the Lenovo branded cards are compatible as well. And as far as I can tell, rebranding isn't a viable option for Intel cards. I bought an Atheros card and re-flashed my BIOS to remove the Whitelist which was long, tedious and difficult. Wouldn't recommend it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back