Motherboard
Lenvo IdeaPad S730
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
Intel HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, I have jusst got a Lenovo Ideapad 720S-13IKB (81BV)
i7-8550U/8GB/512GB/Intel 620/4K UHD

I have just installed 10.14.6 and got intel graphics card working, and still have a lot of work to do
I have two questions

1. Screen glitch after wake from sleep.
After a fresh boot, the screen work perfectly, then I Choose sleep in the apple menu and the screen goes black and sleeps
When I press a key, the screen wakes up and the screen begin to glitch and flicker(just like a monkey jumping)
2. I am completely lost in patching ACPI articles(Static patch, dynamic patch...ect.), and what should I do with my current build

My reporting file is in the attachment.

I would like to press my deeply thanks to you all.

Attachments

• debug_1118.zip
    3 MB · Views: 64
Hi, I have jusst got a Lenovo Ideapad 720S-13IKB (81BV)
i7-8550U/8GB/512GB/Intel 620/4K UHD

I have just installed 10.14.6 and got intel graphics card working, and still have a lot of work to do
I have two questions

1. Screen glitch after wake from sleep.
After a fresh boot, the screen work perfectly, then I Choose sleep in the apple menu and the screen goes black and sleeps
When I press a key, the screen wakes up and the screen begin to glitch and flicker(just like a monkey jumping)
2. I am completely lost in patching ACPI articles(Static patch, dynamic patch...ect.), and what should I do with my current build

My reporting file is in the attachment.

I would like to press my deeply thanks to you all.
after looking at your IOreg log, you do NOT have power management properly implemented therefore you will have problems on sleep/wake due to the DIRECTLY effecting power management. under CPU0 there should be x86platformplugin(see attachment). remove -disablegfxfirmware bootflag, remove lilucpu=8, should be lilucpu=9. try using the settings I've attached in your config.plist for device/properties for the UHD620. and install all hack kext onto system volume L/E. hope this helps

NOTE: remove fake platform id. no need to inject any fake id once Framebuffer is patched.
missing line for aapl platform id is 00001B59.
in your config plist you have MOST essential NEEDED renames disabled in DSDT patch rename section
also setting FixHpet to true and Fxipic to true and AddDtgp could help as well

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.07.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.07.26 PM.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.08.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.08.07 PM.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.12.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.12.56 PM.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.13.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.13.11 PM.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
after looking at your IOreg log, you do NOT have power management properly implemented therefore you will have problems on sleep/wake due to the DIRECTLY effecting power management. under CPU0 there should be x86platformplugin(see attachment). remove -disablegfxfirmware bootflag, remove lilucpu=8, should be lilucpu=9. try using the settings I've attached in your config.plist for device/properties for the UHD620. and install all hack kext onto system volume L/E. hope this helps

NOTE: remove fake platform id. no need to inject any fake id once Framebuffer is patched.
missing line for aapl platform id is 00001B59.
in your config plist you have MOST essential NEEDED renames disabled in DSDT patch rename section
also setting FixHpet to true and Fxipic to true and AddDtgp could help as well
Hi, Mrgeque, Thanks for your advise, I have tried my best to follow your instructions to do some experiments, and here is the results:

I have installed all the kexts to /L/E and disable SIP, fixed disk permissions, enabled all the ACPI fixes and added FixHpet
Fxipic AddDtgp

1. With all your instructions above, the things seems to be worse: The screen begin to glitch and flickering as soon as the system boots (White Apple Logo), I have attached a report file here and you can check if I missed something.

2. With lilucpu=8 and disablegfxfirmware, I can boot the system without any trouble, and the screen only glitch and flicker when the screen wakes from sleep.

3. With lilucpu=8 and WITHOUT disablegfxfirmware, I can NOT boot, and the boot log shows "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry"

4. With lilucpu=9 and with OR without disablegfxfirmware, The screen begin to glitch and flickering as soon as the system boots. (The same as 1.)

I have make a video on the glitch and flicker, it is here

Many Thanks to you :)

Attachments

• debug_21582.zip
    3 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hi, Mrgeque, Thanks for your advise, I have tried my best to follow your instructions to do some experiments, and here is the results:

I have installed all the kexts to /L/E and disable SIP, fixed disk permissions, enabled all the ACPI fixes and added FixHpet
Fxipic AddDtgp

1. With all your instructions above, the things seems to be worse: The screen begin to glitch and flickering as soon as the system boots (White Apple Logo), I have attached a report file here and you can check if I missed something.

2. With lilucpu=8 and disablegfxfirmware, I can boot the system without any trouble, and the screen only glitch and flicker when the screen wakes from sleep.

3. With lilucpu=8 and WITHOUT disablegfxfirmware, I can NOT boot, and the boot log shows "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry"

4. With lilucpu=9 and with OR without disablegfxfirmware, The screen begin to glitch and flickering as soon as the system boots. (The same as 1.)

I have make a video on the glitch and flicker, it is here

Many Thanks to you :)
I do not see SSDT-PNLF which is REQUIRED for backlight and brightness to work properly. compile PNLF SSDT and place into ACPI/patched. and you have NOT implemented power management for cpu. check screenshot 1 and 2 in post #2 above. you should have CPU0 and under it should be X86platformplugin and AGPMEnabler which is also REQUIRED to have full graphic acceleration. can you verify Framebuffer is patched correctly in system report/ graphics. as of now since you can boot with ONLY lilucpu=9, I think its the better choice. do not disable graphics firmware. just figure out your power management issues

Last edited:
I do not see SSDT-PNLF which is REQUIRED for backlight and brightness to work properly. compile PNLF SSDT and place into ACPI/patched. and you have NOT implemented power management for cpu. check screenshot 1 and 2 in post #2 above. you should have CPU0 and under it should be X86platformplugin and AGPMEnabler which is also REQUIRED to have full graphic acceleration. can you verify Framebuffer is patched correctly in system report/ graphics. as of now since you can boot with ONLY lilucpu=9, I think its the better choice. do not disable graphics firmware. just figure out your power management issues
Hi, Mrgeque, Thanks for your instructions, and I have made some progress

1. After apply the SSDT-PNLF along with AppleBackLightFixup, I can boot into desktop using lilucpu=9 and without disablegfxfirmware normally (A step forward :) ) and I can adjust the screen brightness in system pref-->Displays
I have installed this patch using this guide

and use the RehabMan's build of aml file and kext file from

2. But after wake from sleep, glitch and flicker still there.

3. I have installed the latest 10.14.6 Supplemental Update and does not help

4. I have check the ioreg on CPU ACPI, and I found I have PR00 instead of CPU0, after google, it says from KBL CPU, the CPU0 renames to PR00, I have compared the ACPI Plugins tree under PR00 with yours, and found no difference (I have a extra SMC Processor under PR00, but I think it should not a problem). I have also attach a screen shot below.

5. It seems that I have patched the FB correctly and the screen shot is attached below. The only problem is that it shows that the internal LCD is connected through Displayport, I am not sure if it is a problem. and I have carefully patch the FB according to the FAQ of WhatEverGreen choose the LVDS type, but after reboot, it still shows displayport

6. I have generated a new report file below, hope it will be useful to you

7. I agree with you, It should be a power mgmt issue. After I choose Sleep from the Apple menu, the screen goes black but the keyboard backlight remains on, and if I put the laptop in the sleep status for 2-3 minutes, usually I can NOT wake it up using keyboard. I tried several times and just woke it just once with glitch and flicker

Many thanks on your advised!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.10.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.10.08 PM.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.10.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.10.29 PM.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.09.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.09.54 PM.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 57
  • debug_12919.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Hi, Mrgeque, Thanks for your instructions, and I have made some progress

1. After apply the SSDT-PNLF along with AppleBackLightFixup, I can boot into desktop using lilucpu=9 and without disablegfxfirmware normally (A step forward :) ) and I can adjust the screen brightness in system pref-->Displays
I have installed this patch using this guide

and use the RehabMan's build of aml file and kext file from

2. But after wake from sleep, glitch and flicker still there.

3. I have installed the latest 10.14.6 Supplemental Update and does not help

4. I have check the ioreg on CPU ACPI, and I found I have PR00 instead of CPU0, after google, it says from KBL CPU, the CPU0 renames to PR00, I have compared the ACPI Plugins tree under PR00 with yours, and found no difference (I have a extra SMC Processor under PR00, but I think it should not a problem). I have also attach a screen shot below.

5. It seems that I have patched the FB correctly and the screen shot is attached below. The only problem is that it shows that the internal LCD is connected through Displayport, I am not sure if it is a problem. and I have carefully patch the FB according to the FAQ of WhatEverGreen choose the LVDS type, but after reboot, it still shows displayport

6. I have generated a new report file below, hope it will be useful to you

7. I agree with you, It should be a power mgmt issue. After I choose Sleep from the Apple menu, the screen goes black but the keyboard backlight remains on, and if I put the laptop in the sleep status for 2-3 minutes, usually I can NOT wake it up using keyboard. I tried several times and just woke it just once with glitch and flicker

Many thanks on your advised!
your display should be connected as display port, so no problem there. try using boot flag wegdbg. did you patch your DSDT for sleep/wake? also remove apple backlight kext, Whatevergreen and Lilu along with SSDT-PNLF is suffecient. START by removing AppleBacklightFixup kext. you can also try FixShutdown set to true

Last edited:
your display should be connected as display port, so no problem there. try using boot flag wegdbg. did you patch your DSDT for sleep/wake? also remove apple backlight kext, Whatevergreen and Lilu along with SSDT-PNLF is suffecient. START by removing AppleBacklightFixup kext. you can also try FixShutdown set to true
Hi Mrqeque, I have generate a weg and lilu log, from boot. to sleep, to wake up, and it does not show much hint to me

The debug log is here

I have also tried use lilu=8 and 0x1912 ("SkyLake Spoof"From Mojave FAQ), The problem exists and not better.

I think maybe the problem is in the power mgmt of the LCD panel, not the graphics card

Attachments

• lilu.txt
    112.1 KB · Views: 104
@RehabMan Could you please give me some hint on how to debug this problem?
1. The screen wake glitch and flicker problem
2. my touchpad sometimes not work, but sometimes it works. If I put the laptop in login screen for a long time, it stops work, if I plugin a usb ethernet adapter into the usb-c port, it stops work, If I install the Voodoo* kexts into system /L/E
it stops work. very strange.
maybe the above two problems have the same root cause : power mgmt.

I have attach my latest reporting file here.

Attachments

• debug_26754.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 64
@RehabMan Could you please give me some hint on how to debug this problem?
1. The screen wake glitch and flicker problem
2. my touchpad sometimes not work, but sometimes it works. If I put the laptop in login screen for a long time, it stops work, if I plugin a usb ethernet adapter into the usb-c port, it stops work, If I install the Voodoo* kexts into system /L/E
it stops work. very strange.
maybe the above two problems have the same root cause : power mgmt.

I have attach my latest reporting file here.
have you tried enabling FixShutdown? Also have you tried setting AppleIntelCpuPm to true?

Last edited:
have you tried enabling FixShutdown? Also have you tried setting AppleIntelCpuPm to true?
Hi. Mrgeque, I have tried both, and It does not work. Thanks for you advise.

Now I decide to skip the screen problem and go ahead with USB and trackpad problem. maybe I have a lot of work on power mgmt.

1. Touchpad: if I boot the laptop to login screen and left it there for a couple of minutes, The trackpad freeze and can not move, I must plugin a usb mouse to go ahead. the internal keyboard is OK, after reboot it works again
2. After I install all the kexts into /L/E the touchpad never works.
3. On my computer I have 2 USB-A ports and 1 USB-C ports (also for charging), and the last one (4th) is a TB3 port. I have tried to fix usb issues by HackinTool, the TB3 port never works. after I plugin a usb disk into it, nothing happens, and I can not see any tb devices in system reports. but If I plugin a usb ethernet adapter into tb3 port and reboot, the adapter is OK to use.

In fact, I have not fully understand ACPI patching after reading tutorials
I have no idea that what I should do with my laptop on ACPI patching

Mrgeque, Great Thanks for your help these days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back