Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad 330 - dualboot

Motherboard
Lenovo > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hey!
I have a laptop lenovo ideapad 330, i5 8th, UHD 620 video card, 240gb ssd (windows installed), 1tb hard drive and 8gb ram.

I got to know the world of hackintosh not long ago and I've been researching a lot. some doubts (if they are dumb, forgive me) that arose were the following: about the efi for installation and the process itself I am not worried because apparently this model accepts hackintosh well and is even recommended, there is a lot of content from the ideapad 330 out there. the main problem is that currently my notebook screen does not work, I use it exclusively with a monitor. therefore, I wonder if it would be possible to carry out the hackintosh installation process, since the operation of the hdmi (from what I've seen around) is normally a problem, right? for my model, could you tell me if hdmi would stop working during installation? its not a priority for me to fix the screen so if im able to install the hackintosh on my 2nd screen itd be great.

in addition, the second question would be that I would like to install macos on the same ssd as windows, in this case sharing it to a specific partition for windows and another for macos, thus doing a dualboot and leaving the 1tb hd only as storage. I am right? Would it be viable and would it work to install both systems on the same drive? and also, would the hd be identified in both windows and mac?

I think thats it. thank you very much in advance!

Back