CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looking to get a cheaper laptop for learning to code linux/unix. Will also use it for Microsoft office.
Wondering how this cheap laptop will work?

I've been a bit out of the loop on the progression of processors recently since tablet-laptops have been in the market. Is something like a i5-4200U (my current Lenovo u430p hackbook about to bite the dust) better than the Athlon 3050e?

Looking to get a cheaper laptop for learning to code linux/unix. Will also use it for Microsoft office.

I've been a bit out of the loop on the progression of processors recently since tablet-laptops have been in the market. Is something like a i5-4200U (my current Lenovo u430p hackbook about to bite the dust) better than the Athlon 3050e?
You want to run MacOS on that laptop? That may not be possible as these old Athlon CPUs are not supported.

Better try to find a Intel laptop with compatible components (Audio / LAN / WiFi / Graphics).

I thought the new OS runs on any AMD... I probably need to research this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back